Anyone know much about the Fender TV series?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigRedBassPlayer, Aug 25, 2009.

1. BigRedBassPlayer

BigRedBassPlayer Supporting Member

I am looking at the new Fender TV series combo amps. I've been eyeballing the fifteen. I was wondering if anybody owned these and do they have some balls behind them. I play a Sting Ray and a P. Thanks for any info.

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
  3. bassdude7907

bassdude7907

Mar 18, 2009
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/
    Bass Is The Heart Of The Band -Patrick Pfieffer
    Say what now?

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I've only seen pictures so far, but IMO they look great!
    If they sound as good as their cosmetics Fender may have something here!
    I've not heard prices, but knowing Fender....(Fender is their own worst enemy)....their probably asking twice what it should be.

5. here's what I posted yesterday. It's about 4 or 5 pages back...

I tried one a week ago. I'm not actively looking for a replacement to my Markbass head and a pair of 12" lightweight Traynor cabs but I am a sucker for tweed combo amps.
    What I found was that I can get my old school sound instantly. I don't like distortion so it doesn't matter much to me that there's a tube inside and you can drive it hard. Lots of power for its size.
    I'm just too stuck on the lightweight thing right now or I'd jump on this amp. Only the 15" model appeals to me.
    Don't know if they'll sell a lot of these but if I were younger, I'd probably buy it with the intentions of keeping it for a long time. Just too heavy for me now.

6. chubrocker

chubrocker

May 6, 2006
    KCMO
    IIRC, no FX loop which is a deal-breaker for me. LOVE the looks, size, etc---but often use different preamps. I've never liked putting a preamp in front of the amp, I like using the FX loop return.

7. wellshuxley

wellshuxley

Apr 16, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Isn't the preamp the same as the TB-600/1200 series? If so, the preamp is nice and it looks much better in a pretty tweed case. I use a TB-600 as a backup for my Ampeg V4 with an Orange 15" cab and it does a great job of mimicking the old school tube tone and can also handle more modern sounds. I could be way off the mark here but if the TV series does in fact share the TB preamp then the new TV look/marketing strategy is a much better fit!

8. wellshuxley

wellshuxley

Apr 16, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    PS Michael Rhodes is an endorser in the promo materials, and he's a badass

9. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Fender didn't do a Neo speaker in these??????? :rollno:
    I get the retro looks and vibe but they "really" dropped the ball by not going lighter where they could.

10. rapturebass

rapturebass

Dec 6, 2008
    Connecticut
    i like Fender amps, but even before the great price hike of 09 they charged way more than what their worth. $ 500 for a 150 watt, with only the tube as an extra goodie, combo? 500 watts gets me 200-500 watts w/ any other company.

11. BigRedBassPlayer

BigRedBassPlayer Supporting Member

Thanks for all the input. My close friend told me if I was going to go this route, to spend the extra $300 and get a Mesa Walkabout. Fender is the company that I broke into music with, and I like to stay as loyal as I can. But, I do want a great combo amp and if I decide I want more, I can use the head of the Mesa for a future cab.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021