1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone ordered from MF lately?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dave, Jul 26, 2007.

1. I placed an order with them on the 20th and its still showing as being packed. :confused:

2. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe you'll get lucky like I did and have them send you something worth 3x the item you originally ordered.

3. Haha maybe..thatd be kinda awesome. What happened with you?

4. I see that you use Dr Z in your guitar setup. Nice...one of my guitar playing friends has the Z27(?) or whatever the combo amp is thats really close to that. Sounds amazing.

5. JodyLeCompte

JodyLeCompte

Jul 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    Last time I ordered from MF I got a box, that from the looks of it, was actually 4-5 boxes tapped together because they couldn't find anything else big enough.

6. Well this is just a bass, Id hope they can find a box for this.

Just so you guys know, I only ordered from them because it was a very good deal on a B Stock instrument. I hate ordering from them usually, but this deal was too good to pass up.

7. I ordered a drumset, a tamborine, and a throne, and they forgot to charge for the set...

I also ordered a Danelectro FAB flanger w/ a coupon, and it says it's backordered (it didn't say that 2 seconds before I ordered) and it currently says it is available.

I'm also waiting for some pedals from my most recent order...

8. i was trying to order some things not two days ago and it said that due to the relocating of their warehouse, they weren't shipping anything until august 1st. i thought it was because they were cabs, but it might be everything.

9. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    they're moving their distribution center so everything's in limbo. Just add on an extra week or two to the shipping estimate.

I sure love to hate MF. I order stuff from them all the time just cause they have it, but I sure do dislike them a lot.

10. I thought they already moved their warehouse like a month ago...I thought thats what all the big hub-bub was about; them trying to sell off as much stuff as possible. :eyebrow: :confused:

Oh well, Im not worrying too much about it. I just dont see why they went ahead and charged me for a shipment thats not leaving for 11 days after I order it.

11. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    I bought quite a bit of stuff from them over the past few years and have largely been pretty satisfied.

Recently I ordered a set of DR high beams and had to wait 3 weeks for them. I also heard that they had moved their warehouse but you would think sooner or later they would get it together. It is true that whatever it is they usually have it.

JKT

12. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    they're still in the moving process. everytime i call about my backordered stuff they tell me the same story.

i'm sure it's gonna take them awhile, they probably have a HUGE fricking warehouse full of gear they gotta move and then re-organize.

13. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

yup...
    i just ordered a rack case this morning ,
    and they told me about the moving process ...

orders should start shipping by Aug.5th ,
    according to the guy i talked to ... :meh:

14. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I've ordered a Fender hardshell case and a classical guitar hardshell case from them in the last five months, and they both shipped promptly (we're talking days not weeks), well-packed, and in perfect shape.

I've never had a problem with MF in the nearly 20 years I've dealt with them.

15. Trevor.A

Trevor.A

Jan 2, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    Yep... same thing. I placed an order on the 16th and it's showed as being packed since. It's nothing too important though, so I'll just wait it out :meh: I never had any problem with them in the past...
    You would think if they were gonna take so long to move warehouses that they'd at least warn you before you ordered.

16. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Maybe the worst is over. I ordered a Precision on June 20, along with a set of TI flats and a Basslines Quarter Pound pickup. The website showed the TIs were on order, and the other items were in stock.

I got the TIs within a week, and received an email notice that the other items were on "30 day back order." I waited a couple of weeks, then called customer service and was told that it would probably be "quite a while" before the rest of the order shipped...everything was, indeed, in stock, but until everything got settled they didn't know where anything was.

I got another email that the QP was sent via US Mail on July 4, but has never made it here. I don't know whether it was actually shipped.

The P was finally shipped on Tuesday, and should be here today.

Personally, living in a small town with a Fender dealer, I'm glad for MF (and the various other online stores). I always go to my local guy first (very importantly, he takes trade-ins), and, if he can't get something, I'll go to MF or whomever. I have a computer-based project recording studio, and 99% of the gear had to ordered online, even though the dealer here runs a digital recording studio as well, and knows the gear. He just can't do enough business to justify carrying the lines, because many of the jobbers or manufacturers have minimum inventory requirements or other policies that make it difficult for him to make a buck off them.

The only problem I ever had with MF was that they shipped me a Tribute L2500 with a rosewood fingerboard, when I had ordered the maple. The customer service rep told me that maple had been discontinued in the finish I wanted, but there was no problem in returning it. This was not really MF's fault, by the way: the factory carton the bass came in said it had a maple fingerboard.:eyebrow:

17. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    I've had a small item on backorder for over three weeks. Their website showed it as "in stock and available to ship" so I ordered it. Called four days ago to find out what up and the guy told me about the warehouse move.

Was hoping to use the item at last nights gig, but turned out not having to need it - no bd.

Only thing is I found "item" at Amazon for a few bucks less. Dang! Didn't know Amazon carried musical accessories. HA! Just checked - they even sell a few basses! Too funny!

18. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    i placed an order with them 2 weeks ago and recieved it complete within 4 days.

19. GearGod

GearGod

Aug 10, 2006
    Akron, Ohio
    all transactions before the move, but they should return to Normal soon!

20. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    FWIW, the P came yesterday, but came to my old address (when I spoke to the rep she verified that it had been shipped to the new one).

Oh well, I got it, that's the important thing.