Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone own an Aerodyne?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tp_bass_kid_90, Nov 7, 2005.

1. I was woundering because I thought it had a flat sound does yours?

2. i've played one before. pretty much the same as the one Duff McKagen from velvet revolver uses i believe. unless there was something really wrong with the bass, i'd check you your own technique. most of the sound comes from the fingers, unless perhaps, someone strapped some flatwounds on it if you think thats "flat".

3. the one i played was "meh"

it didnt have all that great of a sound, but i loved the looks and feel of it.

4. Same here! It was between the Deluxe or that but there was no comparision the deluxe has way better tone!

5. pseek

pseek

Jun 17, 2004
    Netherlands
    I own an Aerodyne for 2 years now. And I fell in love with the looks and how easy you can play on it. The tone wasn't bad, but also not very good. It didn't sound flat IMO. I changed the stock pu's with SD basslines and the bridge with a badass II. And now it really sounds great, especially with my Ashdown ABM 500 RC.

6. rdnzl@comcast.n

rdnzl@comcast.n

Oct 30, 2005
    WA
    Before I bought my Ibanez SRX700, I did some pretty extensive A/B testing, and the Aerodyne was one that I had on my short list. I like the looks of them a lot. BUT, the Ibby had way more bottom, and a much clearer tone, while I though the Areodyne to be "muddy". I preferred the neck of the SRX700, as well.

I still might get an Aerodyne......just for the looks :)