1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone use a bidet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by D M C, Dec 23, 2016.

1. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    On the threshold of a verge on the brink.
    Having some remodeling done and it is an option that I'd not considered before. Does anyone have one installed at home? Opinions or observations are appreciated.

2. devo_stevo

devo_stevo

Aug 2, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Builder: Brumbaugh Guitarworks
    I don't have one, but I wish I did. I spent a couple of years living in Brazil and i had them in a couple of the apartments I lived in. I was a bit weirded out by them at first, but then I tried it. I like them and wish that I had one in my home.

47th Street and D M C like this.
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    What's it feel like? I guess you wipe first then use it? Also is the water cold?

4. Don't you have to use shampoo first?

5. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I never used a bidet, but I almost got electrocuted by a toilet in Paris. It was an unpleasant experience. Does that count?

6. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    I would love one. They make toilets with built-in bum squirters too. Some day ...

Groove Doctor and 47th Street like this.
  7. devo_stevo

devo_stevo

Aug 2, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Builder: Brumbaugh Guitarworks
    Feels like a shower on your butt. That's about it.

As for wiping first, nope. That's the point of a bidet. They are there to clean you off after you do your business, and they do a great job. Much better than toilet paper ever can.

I think that they are more common in places where putting your TP in the toilet causes the sewer system to backup and creates problems. The alternative in places like that is a trash can for everyone to put their used paper in sitting next to the toilet. I'd rather take a butt shower than have that next to the toilet stinking up the place.

8. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    we have a bidet, a cold water version, although there are also warm water versions available. it feels, as devo_stevo says, like a shower on your butt. it gets you much cleaner, and for those who find wiping with TP irritating, a bidet is much more comfortable. i use a little TP to dry off after using it.

ColdEye, murphy, devo_stevo and 2 others like this.
  9. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I've heard of a toilet that fully cleans you. Not just a bidet. I don't know how it gets all up in there with the necessary friction to actually wipe, but it's apparently out there.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  10. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    On the threshold of a verge on the brink.
    You're in LA aren't you? I think a cold water bidet in northern climes in the winter would be a little too chilly. I saw an ad for an add-on device, but it hooks up to the toilet supply line, so it would be a cold water version.

murphy likes this.
  11. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I started pushing random buttons on the control panel of one of those space-age thrones years ago in Japan and received a cold water blast that continued to shower my back as I jumped off.

murphy, devo_stevo, SirMjac28 and 4 others like this.
  12. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    yes, i am, and i'm sure there are places where a cold water bidet would be brutal.

there are add on devices that will work with the sink line somehow, too. here's a few kinds
    Luxe Bidet Neo 320 - Self Cleaning Dual Nozzle - Hot and Cold Water Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Attachment (blue and white) - - Amazon.com
    SmarterFresh Warm Water Bidet Sprayer, Hot and Cold Bidet for Spray Faucet - Hand Held Bidet Faucet Sprayer, Toilet Water Spray Hose Attachment for Sink - - Amazon.com
    HANEBATH Toilet Bidet Sprayer Set with Hot and Cold Mixing Valve -Strong Water, Chrome - - Amazon.com

important tip about an add-on bidet is that you can just add it on, but the water will be powerful and you'll need to be careful OR there's some kind of regulator you can get so the water won't come out at firehose strength. me, i just turn it on very gradually - we didn't bother with the regulator, but next time we get one, we will.

D M C likes this.
  13. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    What? :jawdrop:

Go on.

SirMjac28 and blastoff99 like this.
  14. Get one and say goodbye to skidmarks forever. :hyper:

murphy, devo_stevo and bobba66 like this.
  15. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have one that adds on the toilet. Would never go back to just paper.

47th Street likes this.
  16. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    A friend of mine is a custom home builder, and one of his signatures is installing a urinal in the main bath. Evidently husbands love it, and wives love it even more.

Just a thought if you're looking to do something a little different.

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings

Magic Fingers(tm)

18. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    magic fingers ???:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

19. I miss having the bidet hose like nearly every bathroom in Thailand has:

svwndtU.

If your pressure is high enough, you can break stuff loose that you never knew was up there.

ColdEye, murphy, BurnOut and 3 others like this.
  20. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    I used a midget once, it was fantastic

Oops read the thread title wrong. My bad