1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone use a Yamaha AW1600...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by reens, Aug 17, 2007.

1. reens

reens

Mar 16, 2005
    Brisbane
    Hiya, does anyone use or have experience with the aw1600 multitracker? I've been researching it for a while and it seems to meet my modest needs but I always like the bassist's opinion on whether it cuts the mustard.

I'll use it mostly for home demos and songwriting and occasional small group recordings. I used a Zoom 8-tracker before but wasn't too happy with the bass DI sounds.

any advice, tips, thumbs up or down... greatly appreciated.

2. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I bought one for my son and have used it on occasion. Good sound, IMO. Fairly simple to use.

Ken

3. Tracii

Tracii

Aug 19, 2007
    Berlin, Germany
    Yepp, really easy to use. Nice effects section and a very useful special input so you won't require amplification and still get decent sounds. Mic or DI your amp and it's just brilliant.

One thing, though: Should you wish to edit your group recordings further, you might want to do that on your PC with Cubase or whatever suits you, simply because of the small size of the Yamaha's display. But that's only if you're handling a lot of tracks in one song.

Greetz,
    Fabse

4. reens

reens

Mar 16, 2005
    Brisbane
    great, thanks for the replies. I'm glad the sound quality is there.

Any fancy editing I'd probably do on the laptop, apparently the usb transfer is pretty fast.

I wanted to have a quick-recording-go-to machine that just plug n plays, and not have to spend at least 30 minutes setting up levels and clean signals using audio interface and laptop and all the rest.

cheers