1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aretha Franklin trascriptions

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by odin70, Aug 16, 2012.

1. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
  2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
  3. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2009
    2k W of the Duwamsh
    AWESOMENESS BUMP!

I got totally hooked on the bassline to Aretha Franklin's "Don't Play That Song (You Lied)", and have been trying a) to learn it (not too successfully so far), and b) find out who played that tasty track. Sometimes the google machine just spits out a bunch'a junk, but finally.... I found the freebasspart site. BINGO!

Then did a backsearch, and of course, TB already has discovered the amazing resource of Pierre's transcriptions. Not having worked through any of these yet, I can't say for sure, but I've got a feeling that these aren't your typical full-of-errors BS internet transcriptions.

So, big shout out to Pierre for his great work, and to Tommy McLure for some inspiring bass playing. Check out the song; you won't be disappointed. That Aretha sure can sing too. DANG!

4. He missed Gordon Edward's two tracks from the "With everything I feel in me" album :(