1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aria Pro II - SB1000 (1980)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MHLakland, Sep 11, 2008.

1. MHLakland

MHLakland Registered Bass Nut

Aug 13, 2008
    Florida
    Looking for the electronics layout for this bass. A previous owner had rewired a few things, primarily eliminating the active/passive switch. I wanted to restore this back to facotry specs or as close to that as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. MHLakland

MHLakland Registered Bass Nut

Aug 13, 2008
    Florida
    AriaElectronics.

Ok, figure this might help get some responses. It may be just easy for another SB1000 (orginal) owner to kindly open the electronics cover and give a quick look.

1. The Red and Orange wires from the PUP were connected to the molex connector pins 1 and 2. Although they were soldered and broke off at some point. Looking for where they may go?
    2. From the PUP the Black and a smaller brown wire are twisted and electrical taped together.
    3. Whatever was done the Active/Passive switch worked in only the Active selection.
    4. Lastly, where could one get a 10 pin connector so I can do this properly?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm getting close, but if it looks like anything is wrong feel free to correct it.

3. kirnagar

kirnagar

Oct 15, 2011
    Md
    from what I can tell, my aria is a csb deluxe , see through red with 2 pickups. Why does it sound kinda muddy, is there a pickup upgrade to fit it ?