1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Arizona Bass Players

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by TheBasicBassist, Mar 11, 2013.

1. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    I did a quick search a didn't see a link for this. I just wanted to introduce myself and see how many other bass players were out here in AZ. I, recently, moved out here for work and am living in the Sierra Vista area. If anybody has any gigging experience down this way or just has any recommendations for a good time would love to hear it! Let's see how many people we can get in here!

2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Tucson checking in.

3. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Very cool! Are you actively gigging in the area/what bands do you play with? Let us know a little about yourself!

4. jbrooks

jbrooks

Sep 7, 2007
    Again Tucson (well Marana)

Have a good day job so no gigging. Just enjoy collecting and playing as well as making a few.

5. Indiedog

Indiedog

Aug 23, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Broken record here: Tucson too.

But I spread myself way too thin (multiple instruments, multiple hobbies) so no gigs for me. But I do have the gear!

6. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Been gigging for over 30 years.
    Currently playing in The Billy Stokes Band
    We have not been very active over the last 6 months because we have been busy writing original material. We will be at The Sky Bar on 4th Ave. tomorrow night (3/13/13) and we will start actively booking from here on out.

7. basscase42

basscase42

Jul 12, 2012
    I'm in Sierra Vista! I've had small gigging opportunities but neither of my brothers (they're a guitarist/singer and a drummer) were willing to work towards a show so I don't gig.

8. preside

preside

Aug 7, 2010
    Scottsdale Az
    Bit further north but I'm in Scottsdale. House band gig every Sunday afternoon 4 till 8 at the Sail inn in Tempe, right near ASU with the Noodles a Grateful Dead type band. Welcome to AZ.

9. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    I'm glad there's been such a response so far to this thread. I'll give a little but about myself. I'm a transplant from New York, I'm here as a part of the 62nd Army Band at FT. Huachuca. Really love the weather, people and hiking so far.

10. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Bump!

11. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Sierra Vista here again.

12. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Represent!

13. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Maricopa, Az here!

Trying to get a surf trio together down here. Have played in alternative, cover, tribute, punk, hardcore bands over the years.

Welcome to AZ! Brace yourself for the blast furnace heat of summer though. It's brutal!

14. omie

omie Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Arizona
    Sedona here...

Recently moved from Atlanta to one of the beautiful places in the world.

Currently putting the finishing touches on a 4 set classic rock cover band. Were finishing a demo cd by this weekend with our first confirmed gig in May.

I'd rather be making weird psychedelic noises with slowburn grooves.... The struggle continues.

15. Flagstaff here...

16. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Bump! How's everyone doing with gigs this week?

17. great bleudini

great bleudini

Sep 19, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Doing the church thing and a start up blues band. The blues band is sidelined temporarily while our guitar player recovers from health issues. When we get moving again we should be nearly ready to start gigging.

18. Indiedog

Indiedog

Aug 23, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    I cleaned my carpets last night. I hate that gig!

19. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    I hear that! I'm going to be up in Tucson with the MI Corps band for the festival that's happening this weekend. Details to follow.