1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown ABM 2004 speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by OldTimer45, Oct 3, 2010.

1. I just cleaned a while the used ASHDOWN ABM 2X10 cab (300w at 8 ohm)) I bought last week and read on the speakers : "SICA.it Z00685 16ohm". OK then, could somebody tell me where I could find replacement speakers one day, and which I should buy (amperage, dimensions etc..)?
    I have read good things about Eminence or Celestion, what kind of speaker can fit this 2004 Ashdown cab? (discontinued, UK made).

2. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    Ashdown customer service have been very good with my ask's previously, they may set you up with current retrofits? If I was going to swap out of my Ashdown gear I'd like to try Electrovoice, I have a Peterson 1x10 combo for small stuff, the EV in it has been great for tone quality and resilience to higher volumes since 1992. Should be a few things on the market worth checking out though, it's been a while for me?

3. Just did it! Filled the Ashdown Technical Service page describing my "problem"...will tell you when and what they answered.
    The point is, by replacing woofers , how to get the sound youre attending for when you buy a particular cab. Lets see..

4. I'm not sure if the older models are different, but the current Ashdown 2X10s and 2X10s with the blue speakers, (just before the current model), was rated 350W at 8 ohms. I often got confused with that, because the 1X15 is rated at 300W.

5. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

What's wrong with the current ones?