Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Audition tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by matthewfoote, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Hi guys

I thought I would share that I have an audition tomorrow for a band that plays rock and blues covers. It is pretty basic stuff and from my conversations with them I think all they are wanting is a 4 to the bar root , 5th player.

It sounds a little boring but I will go along for the fun of it and if I gel with the band I might ask to be considered. Who knows, I can always develop the bass lines once I am in, but I know that at the audition I will give them what they want to hear.

I am lucky that I am the last person to audition so I will get there early both to hear the competion and get an idea of what they really want.

They have a fair number of paying gigs so financially it could be very worthwhile.

Wish me luck. :hyper:

Matthew :bassist:

2. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
  3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Good luck, make some cash, get some more experience, and have some fun.

4. Woot

I have just found out that I got the gig. :hyper: When they told me, they said that they were very impressed with the way I had taken time to learn their set. It is 30 songs long and I was told before the audition to learn three specific songs then choose another of my liking from the set.

I ended up learning 10 songs well and the rest I could muddle through. On the night my 30 minute audition lasted an hour and a half as we just kept on doing song after song.

Our first performance is a showcase in 3 weeks time where all the local booking agents will be attending and then we should get a load of gigs off the back of that.

Matthew

5. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers