1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Audition tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by matthewfoote, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Hi guys

I thought I would share that I have an audition tomorrow for a band that plays rock and blues covers. It is pretty basic stuff and from my conversations with them I think all they are wanting is a 4 to the bar root , 5th player.

It sounds a little boring but I will go along for the fun of it and if I gel with the band I might ask to be considered. Who knows, I can always develop the bass lines once I am in, but I know that at the audition I will give them what they want to hear.

I am lucky that I am the last person to audition so I will get there early both to hear the competion and get an idea of what they really want.

They have a fair number of paying gigs so financially it could be very worthwhile.

Wish me luck. :hyper:

Matthew :bassist:

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Good luck

3. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Good luck, make some cash, get some more experience, and have some fun.

5. Woot

I have just found out that I got the gig. :hyper: When they told me, they said that they were very impressed with the way I had taken time to learn their set. It is 30 songs long and I was told before the audition to learn three specific songs then choose another of my liking from the set.

I ended up learning 10 songs well and the rest I could muddle through. On the night my 30 minute audition lasted an hour and a half as we just kept on doing song after song.

Our first performance is a showcase in 3 weeks time where all the local booking agents will be attending and then we should get a load of gigs off the back of that.

Matthew

6. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers