Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Auralex Gramma+Acoustic Image??

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by eunchang, Aug 11, 2004.

1. eunchang

eunchang

May 12, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    Hi everyone,

I tried my friends' Acoustic Images several times(don't own one yet, hopefully pretty soon ;) ) and like them. One of my concern is, and, of course many of users reported, that AIs sound totally different where they are placed on. Wooden floor, concrete, on the carpet....so on.

Today I was thinking like,

there is a product called Auralex Gramma(is it right??) on which you can put your amps to isolate the amp from the floor, so what if someone put an AI(or anykinds of downfiring cabs) on top of Gramma?? Maybe your AI's sound will not be affected by floor that much and you get more control of your sound I guess?? Or it will just kill the advantages you'd get from downfiring amp?? I was just wondering. Anybody tried?? Or anybody has both of them and willing to try??

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I had to Google on "Auralex Gramma" to see what you were talking about. I'm not using my Contra much anymore, but I think that it may have been helpful in many situations. Anything that purports to diminish the muddiness of the amp would be welcome to a Contra owner on occasion.

I used to decouple the woofer from the floor by shoving something under the front of the Contra. Just anything that was handy; an ashtray, a paperback, whatever. AI makes a little support that does the same thing. It helped a little in some cases.

3. eunchang

eunchang

May 12, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    They look like these..just a platform..

Attached Files: