1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikenel169, Mar 13, 2013.

1. mikenel169

mikenel169 Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2011
    RI
    Anyone ever play out of one of these or does anyone own one. I am looking to replace my mesa 410 to maybe purchase one of these. Are they 8 or 4 ohms? How do they sound? They seem like one of the cheapest 4x12s on the market.

If anyone has had any experience with one, i would love to hear your thoughts/opinions!

2. I would read what the manufacturer has to say about the impedance of the cab.

3. mikenel169

Sep 25, 2011
    RI
    Ahh thanks man, i must of missed that while reading. Now if i could get some opinions on this cab that would be great.

4. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Sorry, haven't played or heard one, but sure it's a great box for the money, especially now that it ships free.

If you can deal with the schlep (I've never liked square cabs, they're awkward, & 100 lb. w/ceramic drivers makes it even more difficult), then I don't see how you can possibly far wrong.

5. mikenel169

Sep 25, 2011
    RI
    Thanks, yea im into the square cabs, big fan of the marshall vbc 412 just cant find one anywhere. My buddy said avatar made pretty good guitar cabs so i checked the site out and they had a 412 for a good price. My mesa diesel cab is about 90lbs and its a 410, so i think i can manage, im still young :)

I didnt think too many people had this cab, but i figured i would throw this out there. I definitely would love a 412 4 ohm cab to go with my mesa 400 non plus

6. Have you thought about 2 B212s?

7. mikenel169

Sep 25, 2011
    RI
    I havent, im thinking jus one cab would be better for me but i guess its an option to think about. Do you own 212 avatar cabs? If so how do you like them?

8. I just ordered them... Don't have them yet, but after a long conversation with Dave @ Avatar, it seems that one 212 will have a bit more bottom than the 412 and seem louder than the 410. A pair would be more of the same. It would also allow you to schlep less weight for smaller gigs.

9. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    :eyebrow:

Wow, I wouldn't have expected that. I wonder what the reason for more bottom in the 212 is??

10. My guess is more open space in the cab?? I couldn't say, and I will say that there was no scientific data to back any of it up, just the perception of 1 person.

While researching what to get recently one TBer had this to say, comparing the B212 to the Eden 410xlt...

11. Blatz

Blatz

Feb 11, 2012
    I own a 210 and 410. Run a Genz Benz Shuttle 6 with them . Great sound. You're bassically buying from the factory, that may be why the price is good

12. It's all in the size and design of the cab.

Stuffing 4 12's into a small box kills the low end.

It's a poor design, but people will still buy it.

13. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    I run a 4ohm B212 with a GB 9.0 or a crown/rbi , plenty of bottom end , nice punch in the mids. I roll the horn off a bit , the highs can be brittle sounding. Nice cab for the money

14. These are the bass cabs we're talking about...

15. mikenel169

Sep 25, 2011
    RI
    man its almost impossible to find 4x12's locally. If i sell my mesa powerhouse i guess ill purchase this to try it out.

16. As far as I can tell, there are not any four twelve bass cabs period in my area for sale! Heck, I looked around and couldn't even find a two twelve!
    Everything has tens in it!

17. mikenel169

Sep 25, 2011
    RI
    exactly! i would love to find an older peavey tfx or tvx 412, but ill just get the avatar if my cab sells.

18. mikenel169

Sep 25, 2011
    RI
    Eminence Delta 12LFs are in this cab, well the non neo version.......any good??

19. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    What's wrong with your PH cab? Avatar might be a little bit more of a "value" option whereas Mesa is known to be beast. I love the PH410... after selling mine I tried a zillion cabs and went back to it.

20. mikenel169

Sep 25, 2011
    RI
    nothing wrong with it, i am just looking for a affordable 4 0hm 412 similar to the marshall vbc412, emperor 412 (about $1000) peavey tvx 412. There just hard to find but i noticed avatar was pretty affordable