Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag End Stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by De Teng, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Is fantastic, I will never play anything else

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Is way too expensive

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Lack of character irritates me concerning the sound

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. I own another brand, but I'm gassing for one ..or two.

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    What is your opinion about Bag End's Q10BX-D or other speakers?

I thought I would start a poll, hence I'm a non-stop shouter that I'll buy this and that. :D

Concerning the 4.10" of them... I'v claimed to buy a secondhand next tuesday for the little price of 500 euro's. Can you believe it??

[​IMG]

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Another flawed poll;). Lose the "I will never play anything else" and I can vote:D

I love mine but will use other cabs. I have a D10BX-D and S15-D.

3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Bag End cabinets are fantastic. I currently have an S15D, though I have had the coax version too. They are light weight, punchy, and loud.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I have two of the 15 cabs One deep one not. They sound fantastic. I've never played through one of the 210 cabs or 410 cabs. I really want to try the 210 cab some day.

5. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    wow man, I'm one of two votes! neat.

I think my Q10B is pretty fab. Built like a tank and punchy as the day is long. I find that I don't really miss the coaxial driver. I voted "I'll never play anything else" but I'll admit to more than a slight curiosity concerning the Phil Jones cabs.

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    BTW none of the choices in the poll fit my opinion.

They sound fantstic but I do play through other cabs. (never say never).

I don't think they are too expensive.
    (you get what you pay for)

I don't think they lack character.

I do own other cabs and I am gassing for a Bag End 210:) But I do already own two Bag Ends.

So I didn't vote.:(

I'm guessing that if you get the BE 410, chances are you will love it.

7. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    The D10BX-D 210 coax is great. So much nicer than most tweeter-equipped 210s I've heard.

8. I own a Q10BX-D.

Actually the best 4x10 i've ever heard. I purchased the Cab before my Current Amp (Mesa 400+) and When i tested the amp in store, the closest thing to the BagEnd 4x10 with the coax, was an Eden 4x10 with a coax. It sounds NOTHING like the eden. Much rounder, sound, not so Hi-Fi, and a better overall tone. I have almost nothing but good things to say about it. In fact, the only flaw i've come across is it's ability to handle the low B. Is it normal for my low B to sound kinda yucky? It says the Cab is rated down to 40Hz, and a Low B is below that I thought, so should I expect it to handle the low B? Maybe my amp settings are just off.

In any event, the lowest note I use is a Low C, and it sounds fine with that.

highly recommended.

9. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Low B's sound fine on my 1-15 and 2-10 coax cabs. Not even close to yucky;)

10. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Oh man, I'm going mad now. Just waiting... waiting... on my perfect bargain. The guy told me, he installed two new woofers in it, can't be better huh? He hasn't a clue how much things cost these days.. :D

I have the shallow version of the 2.10 myself now. As a standalone it totally lacks lows. It is a small one and if you compare it with another brand (Eden, which I owned first) it'never going to lose of those speakers. But it's 4 ohm and with the 4.10 I have enough power, so I'm going to sell mine. (already have a buyer.. ;)

11. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    With Bag End speakers I hope. Be careful, I got burned on a used cab purchase with replaced speakers. Now I'm spending $260 on getting original replacement speakers put back in the cab I bought.

12. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Absolutely. While other speakers do work, they don't sound like the OEM speakers IME.

13. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    My 210 coax is the deeep version and there's a world of difference. It's my favorite single cab for my six string Fodera and MTD.

14. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    I played the cube 15's for nine years. I regret selling them. I love my Glock cabs but sometimes...I just miss those Bag End 15s.:(

15. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Well... the replacement speakers are Bag End's, so I think it won't be a problem. Although I'm going to test it very well!

16. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I agree with Brad.

I think my cabs (D10B-D and S15B-D) are great in every way. But, I can't say I'll never play another brand.

17. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I love my BagEnds S15Ds. I can believe a pair of 15s are so quick and clear sounding. Can't say I'll never play anything else, but my personal fav out of all I have/haveplayed- Eden, SWR, Ampeg, GK, Hartke, PV, etc.
    At $300 used, they are a steal.

18. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I didn't vote as I sure love and have several other cabinets, but....I sure couldn't imagine not having the BE cabs that I have. They seem to sit tonally just right with me.

I don't think that I've played through a more bulletproof cabinet and with the warrenty that Bag End offers. I've dealt with their customer service and found that it was the best that I'd ever dealt with.

I'd love to have a Q10, myself.

19. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    Brad is right on. I play an Eden WT-400 through a S15-D (sometimes 2) and it is sweet. However, I would consider something else if it was better.

20. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Sorry for the crappy pic, but I have nothing but praise for my BE 2x10 B-D. Great sound & construction + their customer service is top notch. Haven't played a better 2x10 yet...

~S~