Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bakithi Khumalo in St. Louis May 27

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, May 18, 2005.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I'll post more details later but Bakithi Khumalo (Graceland) will be playing at Forest park on May 27 as part of the African Arts Festival. As far as I know, this is a free show. That's a great price tro pay for seeing a bass master.

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    One of my favorite fretless players. Wish I was in the area :)

3. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    He is one of the very best.

"checks mileage to St Louis"

poop.

4. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I wish I could see this, but I'm in NY.

He does play locally from time to time, so I'll see him here the next time I can.

5. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    This I will check out, any idea on who else will be playing?

6. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    His Graceland tone kills me everytime. We'll need details...

7. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Here are some further details:

He will be performing at the World's Fair Pavilion in Forest Park , May 27. I'm sorry but I don't see a time here. Folks in the St. Louis area should check in the Riverfront Times, St. Louis American, or St. Louis Post Dispatch for the time of the show or further information. I know it's off topic, but there will be a great African film festival connected with this festival also! This is a great time for bass in the Lou, Victor Wooten is coming next month, but I'll be out of the country, darn.

8. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Update, the Bakithi Khumalo concert is not free. It is $15 for the concert alone and $55 for the whole Festival. Oh well, there are alot of bass activities for the next week of two. The Yellowjackets (Jimmy Haslip) are in town until the 28th. The Roots (Hub) are coming on Wednesday. The Headhunters '05 are coming on June 8th with Marcus Miller on bass and Victor Wooten is coming June 30th! My wife wants to see the Roots and I want to see the Headhunters to check out Marcus. This is gonna be a great month for bass!

9. Bakithi actually lives by my house and gives lessons by me.

10. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I definately will be checking out that Headhunters show, that it going to be great.

11. T. Brookins

T. Brookins Supporting Member

I saw Oteil and the Peacemakers last week.
    Awesome!
    Check out their "Family Secret" cd/dvd!

see ya!