Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BAND!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Brendan, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I totally love this band. Especially that one album, with the one dude; not the new dude, but the old dude, who played that one guitar. That one song is badass.

2. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Then you make up some song title....and they go yeah that song is great I love that song.

I know what ya talking about. :D

I think :confused:

3. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    I bet it has to deal with another thread?

4. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
  5. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    especially bands and albums that piss people off :D

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Foghat?

7. kegbarnacle

kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    Phoenix
    Patron?

Patron! Where's my Patron? Man that is some smooth stuff. I like the silver, but the Reposado grows on me every day.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I like Band, but I don't get Style. Can you explain it to me?

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Did I just get picked on here? I went to audition for Foghat and was sent away without playing because I didn't have 'the Right Look'. Foghat! The Right Look! Seriously!

Yes that's right. It's official. I'm too ugly for Rock and Roll. :rolleyes:

And we now return you to our previous subject, already in progress.

Oh yeah! I have some older stuff from Band. I liked that first single of theirs, Title. But they kind of got old on me. And I didn't like their sound after they replaced Generic Guitarist Guy with Other Generic Guitarist Guy.

10. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    And now that we're looking at this kind of humor I have to recommend a song by an a capella quartet called DaVinci's Notebook. It's called 'Title Of The Song', and it is a schematic diagram of every boy-band 'hit', delivered in the style of a boy band, complete with choreography. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

Seriously, do a search. They have an mp3 of it on their site. It's awesome.

11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

You dodged a bullet on that one.

Besides, Rock n' Roll was made for ugly.

12. I like their old stuff better than their new stuff :rolleyes:

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

You seriously need to stop trying so hard... it's not funny, BTW.

14. bassontherun

bassontherun

Jul 9, 2005
    Bard, you're not actually saying that you are uglier than Lemmy??!! If he can get a gig, we can all get gigs!! ;)

By the way, Band sucked after Singer went to rehab and Singer2 tried to go Adult Contemporary. Glad that Singer is back after Singer3 didn't work out. Just wish Band hadn't gotten involved in LiveAid. Lost all respect for them for a few years in the 80's.............At least Guitarist found another gig with Whitney Celine Simpson-Jackson..........

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, they sold out. I liked them better when nobody else liked them.

16. me too, but i was like the first one to find out about them...

17. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I really liked a lot of the stuff on Album. But I was less impressed with Second Album. Another Album was better, though. But I kind of thought their producer, Producer was trying too hard. Live Album was almost as good as Album.

Of course there was the embarassment of their foray into 'urban sounds' on Ill-Advised Album. But I keep hoping they will pull it out.

Oh, and I don't actually OWN Ill-Advised Album. But it's the only one they play anything from on my local station, CorporateMegaRadioAllegedlyHipYou'llListenBecauseThereIsNothingElse 100 FM.

18. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Hey guys! Did you hear?

Band is coming out with a new album! They got back together. Embarassing Post-Rehab Mistake should hit the stores this month!

19. 905

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    I hear they replaced Drummer with Drummist in the studio recording though, Drummer broke his arm I think? I read he fell off his bike or something, quite funny.

20. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I heard that's just the press release. The "real" back story is Drummer was tooling Guitar's wife AND girfriend in different cities on their last tour. Supposedly a very messy incident & all.