1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini preamp for Warwick Streamer?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by willyrep, May 7, 2010.

1. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    Hey yall, the volume (push/pull) pot on my '94 Streamer is kind of squashed due to my own clumsiness. It still works but there is no detent and the knob turns a complete 360 degrees. The push/pull active/passive feature doesn't work and I'm afraid the pot is gonna crap out on me at any time (It's my main gigging bass right now). My question is what would be a suitable preamp replacement by Bartolini-essentially 2 band (treble and bass) that would include all new pots for all knobs (i.e. volume knob replacement)?
    Thanks in advance for your responses. I've post on the Warwick forum to no avail and have gotten thoroughly confused by the MEC electronics website:confused:.....

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Are the MECs in your Streamer active or passive? I think most are passive, but I believe they also make active models.

If the pickups are passive, the standard Bart preamp and wiring harness should work with them. However, I'm not sure why you'd replace the whole preamp if all that's broken is the volume pot. :confused: Do you not like the MEC preamp?

Mike