Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Barts For KSD?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Nov 1, 2005.

1. well, im taking the smith preamp outta my KSD v70' j 5 String and just going to rewire it passive like a normal jazz and i wanna put some bartolini's in it, but i really have no idea if they'll fit without, or with little modification..the neck pickup im not too worried about because its pretty well routed and the scratchplate, but the bridge pup would be nice if it'll fit nice n snug..i was thinking a pair of 59CBJS

2. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    measure them!

i have a KSD J 605 and i like the sound very much. dont feel like i need to change its pups. the preamp could need a change but its fine as it is for me.

3. yeah, the bart website doesnt have pickup measurements...well they do for other jazz pups but not the ones im looking at....ive been running mine passive, getting a more marcus miller tone but i wanna put barts in there cos i love barts and i wanna miller meets larry graham tone

4. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    ah then we are worlds apart. i never slap :p

i was thinking of getting Delano with their 9.5mm Ferrite Poles pups in there but now i am making my own basses. so i thought i might save that cash to make a better bass than the KSD and have it as my main axe. my new bass will have Delano's and a Duncan Tone Circuit.

anyhow, i am pretty satisfied with what my KSD gives me. its a different bass than yours though. the 70s are pretty different from the 60s. Barts are direct replacements for standard Single Coil Jazz Pups. so u might want to compare ur pups to the Standard Fender pups, if they are same size, then they will fit!

5. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Hey heath,

I'm pretty sure the bart site has dimensions in a pdf somewhere. best bass gear have dimensions on their site also.

6. the pickups are the same, 102mm long, 16mm tall...the bridge route is abot 1-2mm bigger than the pickup...the neck route is pretty big under the pickguard

the Bartolini 59 CBJD L1/LN1 (59 Long/Long) is:
    Bridge - 95mm (3.73")
    Neck - 95mm (3.73")

and the Bartolini 57 CBJD L/S (57 Long/Short) is:
    Bridge - 105mm (4.13")
    Neck - 101mm (3.98")