1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bas Soul Food Mods?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Timmah, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Timmah

Timmah Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Connecticut
    I just picked up a Bass Soul Food and like it a lot, it just lacks a little bit of low end fatness when engaged. I know JHS used to do a mod to fix that very issue, but their website indicates that they don't offer that anymore. Do any other companies offer something similar, or will they do the mod by request?

2. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Yeah please hook us up, I bought one too, being a electronics they wont let me return it, I bought one due to some killer cad margaritas and a bass demo of kiss song Detroit City using this pedal and had to get one, kind of bummed that its so light in sound even with the drive turned up.
    I sent an e mail to them asking if they still do the mods, I think they have a glitch on the web site, due to saying out of stock? I think that is for finished pedals, not for sending in pedals for a mod, well I hope so, have a POG I want to send in too.

Bass Soul Food "Bread & Butter" Mod

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  3. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
  4. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    So any follow up on this?
    Asking for a friend...:laugh:

5. Frodolicious

Frodolicious Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    Yeah alchemy audio replaces the silicon components with low gain germanium that apparently makes it sound better. Probably what you are looking for