1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Basic Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slurpy, Apr 13, 2010.

1. hey guys I have a Basic Question and it's probably been answered a million times before, i just cant find it.

how do you run two different amps at once (eg link them up through the effects send of amp 1 to the input of amp 2?)

im not actually sure how you would do it but the example i put above was the only way i could think of.

also what would be the benefits of doing this? would one be constantly clean while one would switch between clean and effects?

thanks heaps

2. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
  3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    I'd run the FX send of one amp into the FX return of the second amp. Use the one with the pre-amp that sounds best to you as the master. So, use the FX send of that amp to route that amp's pre-amp signal to the FX return (or power-amp in) of the second amp. That way you get the power amp and speakers of both amps, but only have to deal with one pre-amp and not worry about impedance loading of the pickup going to both pre-amps.

John

4. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Question the same vein, would Tuner Out work?

5. The A/B box is the way to go using two amps, it's simple and works great. Ther's lots of them on the market, both active and passive, just find the one that fits your needs.

6. MrRumble

MrRumble

Aug 8, 2006
    Plymouth, MN
    If the amp has a headphone out you could use that to slave the other amp.