1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass amp feedback????????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by davidbassist78, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hi There,
    I just bought a Mesa M Pulse 600 and playing through a SWR Henry the 8 x 8.
    I was playing a gig and throughout the night if I got to close to the amp-speakers I got a high pitched squeal/ feed back. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH.
    PLaying through a Ibanez BTB 6 string.
    Anyone had a similar experience ???

2. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    sounds like you may have a pickup that is going microphonic. Tap on them while plugged into the amp and listen for noise.
    You may alleviate the problem by rolling off some of the extreme highs, or turn the tweeter off. Piezos have a peaky response curve. If it turns out you have a microphonic pickup, have it wax potted. Or if you're a DIY type, there are plenty of good tutorials on line.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    :eyebrow: Or maybe he was just standing close to the speakers with the gain turned up. Feedback is utterly normal when you do that, and does not indicate anything the least bit faulty.

4. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Don't stand next to the speakers when playing at high volume.

5. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    I think it was Aliens communicating to you, hurry up and wrap your cabinet in tinfoil to block the secret transmissions.

now now before its to late ;)

you can stand next to your speakers if you dare conjure the demons of feeeeedback...muah hah hah hah

sorry i like feedback it makes me laugh......Rook