1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass buying help.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mcrthur, Feb 17, 2008.

1. mcrthur

mcrthur

Feb 17, 2008
    Hey. I've had a little poke around and I couldn't see any blatantly obvious bass buying recommendation threads, so I've made one.

Anywho, to the point. I figured it would be fun to actually do something constructive with the buckets of free time I have, so I thought I'd learn bass guitar. So what I need, is a pretty newbie entry level bass guitar (4 stringed), for hopefully under £150 and a relatively small amp, nothing too flashy because I'll really only be playing in my room to start with.

So, any recommendations on newbie basses and amps very welcome, thanks.

2. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    some of the beginner packages are quite good these days? but the basses do kinda suffer? as in the amps aren't that bad(i still have my 40watt practice amp) but you might find you grow out of the bass as you get better.

if you could double the ammount? you could get a higher spec beginner bass and a nice practice amp?

but if not i think squier(a cheap version of fender) and ibanez do some good starter kits? i think.