1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass effects for 6 string

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steve2, Aug 12, 2007.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I am thinking about getting a effects pedal to use with my 6 string when do some chording. I had a Boss Chorus once when I just played my 4 string and I rarely used it. The music I play is mostly Contemporary Christian however I also ocassionally may play some rock and perhaps some jazz. Perhaps something that will enhance the highs and low. Any suggestions. Bass Exciter? Looking around the $100 and under range but could spen more if needed.

Thanks

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Hmmm.... Aside from "enhance the highs and lows", is there any further you can describe what you want to happen to your sound? I mean, would a simple EQ do the job for you? Or is there something tonally "missing" at your upper and lower end? Are you looking for improved string-to-string volume? Or are you actually looking for something more "effect-y" the way a chorus is, but something focused on only a part of your frequency range?

3. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    i find the Chorus much more useful on the 6 string than the 4 string, due to the tendency (for me anyway) to play more than one note at a time, or to fill up the space better on slower stuff without trying to play too many notes, if you know what I'm getting at.

4. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I really dont know what I want. Perhaps its 2 different pedals. I really dont play chords that much but the bass is new and I want to do some chording a finger style. I have a cheapo Digitech bp-50 and I played one effect and I think it is Chrous Hall so perhaps a chorus pedal is what I need. Thanks I will do somemore experementing with the digitech and perhaps I can give you all an idea what type of sound I may like. One song I have been working on is Johm Myung's solar groove perhaps you can think of some pedal that would go good with that style of playing

Thanks again

5. "Chorus Hall" implies chorus AND reverb, maybe that's a place to start.