Bass neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by RotoSoundPro, Apr 29, 2012.

1. RotoSoundPro

RotoSoundPro

Jun 1, 2011
    I have a Fender squire bass that I'm fixing up and I need a new neck for it but I don't want to pay a lot. How much are can necks cost?

2. If you search Ebay, you will see necks from $50 to $400. IMO, Squier necks are not that bad. I have played quite a few, If the neck is not warped, it can be made to play quite nicely. Leveling and polishing the frets, filing down the edges, etc. is something you can do yourself,if you want to learn. A MIM Fender neck is slightly better and can be bought for $100 to $150 but it may also need some fretwork to make it play really nice.
    Rocky

3. IIRC,Mighty Mite makes necks for cheap. As for how they play for the money? I don't know. IMHO,if you want a great playing parts bass (and,who doesn't?),you gotta buy quality parts. Why make a bass that plays like crap? Invest the cash,and get it right the first time.

4. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    Just got a new mighty mite neck for a parts P. great neck, and pretty good fretwork! I got a jazz neck though because of the thinner profile.

May file down the edges a bit eventually, but, they're only protruding on the bass side. So my thumb never touches it.

Edit: only $100 too.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021