Bass Rental in Paris

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by calbass, Apr 3, 2005.

1. calbass

Mar 17, 2005
    I will be going on tour to Paris in May. I am not traveling with my bass. Can somebody give me info on renting a double bass in Paris.
  2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    maybe search the member's list for olivier, he lives there and may have some suggestions if you e-mail him directly.
  3. perytojie

Dec 2, 2004
    Nancy, FRANCE
    I guess you should check out which is a french e-phone book... just type luthier in ACTIVITE and paris in LOCALITE then you'll have a whole bunch of adresses, phone numbers, sites and plans available.

Anyway, most double-bass shops are located round the same area in paris that is "rue de rome". To get there, just take the subway, line 2 and stop at Rome station...

By the way, where will you play, with who etc.? I'd like to know, maybe i could get a chance to see you there...

Finally, you'd maybe like to check out this luthier in particular as he is supposed to be one of the best and most authentic one in France :Chauvelin James; 14 RUE CHARLES V PARIS.
  4. olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Calbass did PM me. I told him what I knew, not much really, that recently Marc Johnson was spotted with an Eminence, and William Parker with a Czech, so that prolly bass rental for gigging pros was not trouble free. Calbass did thank me for that meagre crop of info, said he'd use the bass from a friend of a friend, but did not tell where and when he will play in Paris... I guess I'll be free that nite :(