bass solo

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Contra|Brett|, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004
    thanx, i heart his solo
  2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Frickin' Edgar and his chops. I have a harder time tying my shoes than he did playing that tune. On top of it, he's one of the nicest people on the planet. Love 'im, he's what it's all about. Thanks for the clip, it's going in my favorites.
  3. kontrabass

Sep 29, 2004
    I'll second that :)
  4. Savino

Jun 2, 2004
    Hey. I want to see Edgar and his frikken' chops too!!!! :(
    why wont that link work for me? It says forbidden content. now I want to see it even more! Damn you forbidden content.
  5. Yea Edgar is the man but we should not leave out the other players like Natalie MacMaster. When Mark O'Connor says you are his favorite fiddler, thats sayin somethin;)
  6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    That's a cool combination of instruments, with the flattop guitar and the pipes. Great video.
  7. Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004

np, and sorry for putting this in the wrong category (i figure it should probobly go in the 'bassists' category)

and thanx for telling me who that was.
  8. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    There's a nice trailer at, with Bela Fleck. Scroll down a bit; it's called the "obstinato trailer".
  9. Chrix

Apr 9, 2004
    I actually just bought this (Natalie MacMaster - Blueprint). It's quite good. Although I've always dug celtic/bluegrass music. Edgar is only on two tracks, but of course his playing is great. Also, for those of us that dabble in BG, Wooten (as well as Bela Fleck) is on a couple of tracks as well. I definitely recomend checking this one out.
  10. Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004
    Ya, I bought this cd just after watching that video, and I love it. I too would recomend checking it out.
  11. mattwells

Mar 19, 2003
    I cannot download this either, can anyone give directions from the main site to find the video?
  12. cgratham

cgratham Guest

Sep 22, 2004
    Hi Mattwells,

Try it in IE. The clip didn't work for me with Firefox but worked fine when I tried it with Internet Explorer.

13. mattwells

Mar 19, 2003
    funny thing...IE does not work on my computer (has not worked for a while either)
  14. JazzBassvb

Aug 5, 2003
    Well, you can try this.

Right mouse click on the link and choose 'save link as' or something like that.

Save it to your hard drive, then double click on it and it should open in the appropriate program (mine was Windows Media Player).

It worked for me.

I love that clip! That is so refreshingly different! Edgar just rocks and the other musicans can really hold their own. Love it!

15. Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    wooten and edgar meyer playing together.. That would be a killer performance, specially on Video.