1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jonlaster, Sep 24, 2010.

1. jonlaster

jonlaster

Aug 29, 2010
    What bass wah do you recommend? I have had a Dunlop Crybaby and it seemed that it took away to much of the low end. I have also had a regular Morley Bass wah.

2. I really like my Dunlop bass wah.

3. jonlaster

jonlaster

Aug 29, 2010
    Do you have the Dual?

4. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I'm happy with the 105q. Wouldn't mind giving the EBS Wah One/Stanley Clark Wah a try.

5. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph provider Supporting Member

Dunlop Cry Baby Bass Wah 105q

6. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Also the Weeping Demon is one of the few if only Ibanez pedal I recommend.

7. Wilson Freaker Wah (based on the old Tychobrahe Parapedal) has a huge WHOMP on the low-end of the sweep. I love it.

8. shaggy45

shaggy45 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Georgia
    +1 on Wilson wahs..Love mine

9. Pandafist

Pandafist

May 6, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I have an RMC1 that has served me well. Works good for bass AND guitar (humbuckers at least). Never really felt the need to get another, and I've had it for years and years.
    :)

10. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I USED to use a wah until I made the plunge into an envelope filter. Have you considered that instead?

FWIW I've used both Dunlop wahs, Morley PBA2, and Ibanez Weeping Demon and liked the 105q the best amongst those.

11. I have a weeping demon and love it, but I honestly use it more for noise making and soloing/as a ghetto phaser than I do as and actual "wah pedal making the wah wah noise" sound. I absolutely love the huge sweep I can get from it.

12. Just for clarity I also have the 105Q. Spend some tine with the knobs on the side and get the sound that you are looking for.

13. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I have a Boss AW-3 that does the trick fairly well. I guess it depends on what kind of Wah effect you're looking for. You can plug an expression pedal into the AW-3 also, which I like and it is cheap used.

14. NYNewYorker

NYNewYorker

Sep 26, 2010
    I have a Dunlop Bass Wah with "variable q" and volume. I like it, however I feel like it does cut your tone quite a bit — and I'm no tone snob.

15. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    I used the Dunlop 105Q until I got my hands on a Wilson... Hot damn, best wah ever.

I've owned a dozen or so wahs and those two are by far my favorites.

16. Souce Audio Tri Mod Wah. So Much stank it's redonkulous.

17. I've just got myself a Weeping Demon - its great!