1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BassEducation.com by Damian Erskine

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by damianerskine, Jul 27, 2020.

1. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    Endorsing artist: Skjold basses,Zon basses,Aguilar,D'Addario,GruvGear
    Hi all,
    Damian Erskine here. It just occurred to me that I've been remiss in not letting my TalkBass community know about my relatively newly launched educational site!

Bass Education

It's only $7/mo or $75/year (just a hair more than my hourly rate for lessons).

I've been getting fantastic feedback from members and am very proud of this endeavor. My primary goal with this site is two-fold... I wanted to create an affordable place to consolidate all of my teachings as well as become more actively involved in my remote students development.
    I make it point to let everyone know that I want them to consider me a resource and reach out to me as much or as little as they want, whether it's through the built in community pages (very cool), or via DM or email. You can ask about lessons given, shoot me content looking for feedback or just hit me with anything that's on your mind. Some of the students and I mostly shoot each other cool music to check out.
    There is also, of course, TONS of video lessons both in the single lesson format or as part of a 'course', in which things are laid out in linear paths. There are also albums mixed minus bass with charts to practice playing along to recordings, worksheets and all kinds of downloadable materials.
    It's pretty robust and I put an emphasis on good instructional content as opposed to over-loading the site with hundreds of videos for videos sake (not bashing anybody else, just trying to get my priorities across).

There's a free trial in place so feel free to pop in and kick the tires a little bit. I'd be honored to work directly with and and all of you!
    ~ Damian Erskine

steve66, Les Fret, Andy V. and 3 others like this.
  2. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
  3. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    You just absolutely made my morning Gaston! Beautifully written and I'm SO glad that you found the site so useful. I hope you don't mind if I share that page.
    Thank you!

Malcolm35 likes this.
  4. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    @damianerskine not at all! I'd love to finally attend the Q&A meet this coming weekend...hopefully I'll make it this time.

5. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    Hope to see you there! I've also decided to do a webinar that's open to the public on Aug 6 at 11am PDT, if that time works better for you....

Public Webinar — Bass Education

Be well!

Andy V. likes this.
  6. blamelouis

blamelouis

Jan 30, 2006
    belfast
    Signed up the other day and I’ve been very impressed with the level and depth of information the site offers. Really well laid out and easy to navigate ...only downside is I’ve realised how little I really know after 20 years of playing .
    Really can’t recommend enough.
    Fred.

damianerskine likes this.
  7. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    Ha! That's awesome... I'm SO glad to hear that, Fred!
    Let me know if there's ever anything that I can help you with

blamelouis likes this.
  8. Les Fret

Les Fret

Sep 9, 2009
    Hi Damian, is there an overview of all the video lessons and courses offered? When I click on the chapters on your website nothing happens. Thanks.

9. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    Did you sign up for the free trial? You'll have full access to the site for 24hrs at which point you can either just cancel the membership or let it roll. You won't have access to any pages but the landing page otherwise (it'll should just pop you back to the home page and show you a pop-up to either sign in or create an account).

Hit me up if you have any problems!

Les Fret likes this.
  10. Les Fret

Les Fret

Sep 9, 2009
    No I didn't sign up yet. I thought it would be handy for people to see exactly what is offered in more detail before the trial. But I will sign up for the trial. Thanks.

11. Rhythmman535

Rhythmman535 Supporting Member

May 9, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    Highly recommended! I was one of the first to sign up without hesitation just to have access to all of the resources. Straight forward, down to earth and not a lot of fluff. It's worth supporting the platforms out there that truly have a goal of making us better musicians and not just making a buck or taking the opportunity to show off their flashy skills. If you have any doubt just check out some of the vast amount of great lessons and articles that Damian has on No Treble.

GastonD and blamelouis like this.
  12. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    Thank you! That is SO good to hear man...

13. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    I thought about making a 'free lesson' page when I was building the site but most are pretty familiar with my teachings from No Treble and my years on YouTube, etc.. and I wanted to keep the site streamlined and efficient so I decided against it, ultimately.
    If you want to get a feel for my teaching style first, feel free check out my YouTube channel first or read any of my past No Treble articles.

youtube.com/damianerskine
    Ask Damian Erskine – No Treble

Les Fret likes this.
  14. BillyBA

BillyBA

May 17, 2017
    Atlanta, Ga
    I also want to give Damian's site a big thumbs up. I'm really enjoying it. His material for more advanced bassists is excellent. Not saying that there isn't also a lot of good stuff for beginners on there too.

Also, to anyone who wants to sample the site; you can get a month for less than the price of a six pack.

15. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    FYI, I’ve added a handful of free videos to the home page!
    BassEducation.com

Les Fret and Andy V. like this.
  16. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    Ha! I should use that in my marketing (if I marketed that is. lol). SO glad to hear that and thrilled that you're finding it useful! Reach out anytime if you ever have any questions or requests for content..

17. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    Another beautiful write up about BassEducation.com on a members blog.
    Scott Masoner
    Scott Masoner

Thank you!! You made my day man... it’s exactly how I hope people feel about the site.
    ——
    “A bass player I follow and really enjoy, Damian Erskine, has started an online Bass education website and community at the aptly named BassEducation.com. A gifted player and instructor (not to mention, a relatable, positive, and down-to-earth person), he is actively involved, available, and genuinely wants to help. The site covers a lot of ground, and there’s well thought out content geared toward nearly every level of player. I like that I can cherry pick through specific lessons focusing on single topic, or dive into a “Module” that collects multiple lessons in sequence to address larger subjects, like Walking Bass or Chords. The site also offers extensive “Paths”, collected criteria focusing on big picture goals. Damian’s philosophy and approach are as welcoming as they are practical, and at only $7 a month, you’d be hard pressed to find a more cost effective method to expand your skillset.”

18. Big Mother

Big Mother

Nov 19, 2007
    Seattle
    I don't post much anymore, but wanted to drop by and double-down on what I wrote about the Bass Education site over on my home page @ Scott Masoner .
    The site has more info and well structured lessons than I had imagined it would, especially considering how recently it launched. There is new content being added regularly, and it's often directly built from member requests. Damian's presentation is refreshingly relaxed and thoughtful, he is present and engaged.
    For $7.00 a month you'll probably not find a better structured resource. I had well exceeded my investment in the first 30 min.

mstott25 and damianerskine like this.
  19. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    Thank you. Scott! I'm so glad people are digging the site so much. People's reactions to it have exceeded my expectations! :)

It made my day reading this. Thank you!

steve66, SteveBassJr and Big Mother like this.
  20. steve66

steve66

Sep 17, 2005
    South Florida
    Glad I found BassEducation.com.. Thanks for giving me free 24 hour access without restrictions to check it out..I signed up the next day.. It has everything I need to take my playing to the next level!

SteveBassJr likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021