1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BassPOD/PODXT/PODx3+power amp+ cab. Anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Barry Clark, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Barry Clark

Barry Clark

May 9, 2007
    Anyone here using this setup?

What power amps and cabs are you using?

2. Hi Barry,
    I used to use a Bass Pod XT and Bass Pod XT Live into the effects return on my old Ampeg B-15T Portaflxe(Solid State) and my Gallien Krueger 400RBIV. It sounded pretty good but with the Ampeg I think the Pods were clipping the poweramp. It's only 100 watts so the headroom ran out pretty quick. With the GK it sounded much better but at the time the only speaker cabinet I had was just the 15" of the Ampeg.So I really didn't get much high end from some of the more modern amp models I did get a great Ampeg B-15 Portaflex model though:D. It's something I would like to retry in the future especially with the prices coming down on the Pods. Hope this helps,
    Brent

3. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    A long time ago I used a Bass Pod Pro racked through the effects loop of my SWR 350 and Goliath 4x10. Sounded great. One sound guy said it was the best rig he had heard.

4. I've actually been kicking around the idea of replacing my SVT-3 Pro with the X3-Live/power amp combo as well. I'd be playing through my SVT 410HLF. I haven't tried it out yet but it's been on my mind.

5. Barry Clark

Barry Clark

May 9, 2007
    At one point, I used the Bass POD Pro (when it just came out) through a SWR power amp and into a Henry 8x8. That was a great sounding rig.

Thinking of doing something similar with the PODx3 I have now. Love the sounds I am getting.

6. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    My home practice rig is a Bass Podxt into a Tech 21 Bass Power wedge. Sounds good, however I only use it to practice with.:D

7. Barry Clark

Barry Clark

May 9, 2007
    I had actually considered the Tech21 PE-300 for a power amp for the rig. I think they have been discontinued though.

8. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    FYI - Line6 has discontinued the Bass Pod product line. It's all X3 from now on.

9. Barry Clark

Barry Clark

May 9, 2007
    Yeah. I heard something like that. Had the X3 for about a year now. Very happy with it.

10. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I wish it was more bass friendly. Maybe it was because I only "played" with it for a hour or so but I thought I was always going through guitar stuff to get to bass stuff.

I did like the sound. As far as amp modeling goes, this is a step above the rest - and earlier Pod's. I am tempted to use one, but I have tried a couple time and always sold them. Seems I find a tone I like and stick to it. Kinda senseless to have 28 amps if I only use 1, maybe 2.

11. Barry Clark

Barry Clark

May 9, 2007
    I understand that. I tend to stick to one for a year or so.. then change my mind. haha. I thought that two with the bass amps. I found, though, that I just go and change the amp type from guitar to bass and you get your bass amps. Never been a fan of presets. :D

12. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    My main setup: bass pod live split into 2 channels going into stage power amp. Ch1 gets clean pod tone, ch2 has clean pod signal + external pedals inserted (dist and chorus mainly). Each chan gets DI for the house and separate 2x12 cab.

Love it.. buttload of live under this setup..completely reliable and reproducable. Stuck with this setup for 3-4? years so far.

(for shows where this is overkill, i use a single 2x12 and either BPL->PA or stand alone ampeg head)

13. Barry Clark

Barry Clark

May 9, 2007
    What power amp are you using?

14. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I am running my Ric 4003 into the bass pod xt live into a LMII amp and Ampeg SVT410HLF cabinet. Sounds great.

15. Mr.E

Mr.E

Apr 29, 2009
    I use the original PodPro... I love it and cant wait to get my hands on the x3 line...
    But I'm powering the Pod with a Mackie 1400, than the pod runs down to my 2 15's.
    Than he i really want to piss my neighbors off, I turn channel 2 on,which is connected to a 21" and a horn, so everyone can feel their insides rattle..:)

Glad to see so many people using Line6....

16. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    QSC RMX amps. Heavy, but built to last.

17. dbull

dbull

Feb 26, 2009
    North Carolina
    I am have a bass pod running through the effects loop into an Ampeg ProIV amp with a 4x10 pro series cab. I have issues though with the volume. I do not get anywhere near the same volume when I run through the bass pod as opposed to when I go straight into the amp, which means I can't really use it live. If anyone can give me a suggestion as to what the heck might be going on, it would be appreciated.