1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Battery life

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fev, Oct 11, 2009.

1. fev

fev

Jul 21, 2008
    Hi guys,

I have a Cort TM Stevens sig with the active pickups and was wondering if anyone can shed any light. I fitted a new 9V battery last week and haven't had chance to pick up the bass since. I tried to use it tonight and the battery was flat. Any ideas?

The Funkwah was switched off and I left the bass plugged into the amp so I was wondering if any of you know what is eating my batteries?

Cheers,

Phil

PS if this is a stupid question please forgive me as it is my first active bass

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Usually on active basses - they are using power all the time you have the lead/cord plugged into the bass. So the idea is that you have to take out the lead every time you are not playing!

You say you left the bass "plugged in" - so I presume you had alead going from the bass to the amp for a week - that'll do it!!

Take your lead out of the bass - every time you stop playing!

3. fev

fev

Jul 21, 2008
    many thanks Bruce, that'll be the puppy!