Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BBE DI-100x

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fastplant, Oct 31, 2003.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm not sure if this is better in Effects or not....

Anyway, I'm looking for a new DI box and this caught my eye on the Talk Bass header ads, so I did a little research:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...005272231/g=home/search/detail/base_id/105161

Anyway, it seems like most places label this as an in-studio DI box, however, I'm looking for something to use on stage/live. Do any of you guys use this? If so, on stage/live? Just curious if I can use it live and if it will be a good DI. I like the idea of the sonic maximizer. Thanks.

2. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    There is a super thread on DI boxes here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showt...&perpage=20&highlight=radial jdi&pagenumber=1

that is titled "Favorite D.I. Box"

Do not think that this is a typical "use the search for keyword" reply however. While the BBE DI boxes are referenced, there is no specific experience or recomendation in that thread as regards the BBE stuff.

I have read and reread that thread many times. I am going to get a BBE DI-1000 or a Radial JDI. They both have the Jensen transformer. I like that the Radial JDI is cheaper and passive only, but I like that the BBE has the sonic maximizer.

It would be good if anyone has any experience with the BBE DI-1000 or the DI-110x to update us with their likes and dislikes.

I have found both of these on musiciansfriend.com

Tim.

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah, I actually did a search and found info on the BBE boxes, but nothing on the 100x, so if anyone knows, please post it here, :D

4. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Won't it cost just as much to get a regular DI and a 362?

5. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, I'd rather just get one unit, and the 362 only has 1/4" outs, I need XLR.

6. judd levison

judd levison

Jun 2, 2003
    Hi guys,

just as an fyi...

1) the DI-100X has just come down to a street price around 149.99

2) remember that both boxes use our higher-headroom 482i/882i pro proceesor chip rather than the lower headroom chip used in the 362

3) www.basstasters.com has some sound clips posted for both boxes.

that should help.

thanks for the consideration