BBE DI-100x

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fastplant, Oct 31, 2003.

1. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    I'm not sure if this is better in Effects or not....

Anyway, I'm looking for a new DI box and this caught my eye on the Talk Bass header ads, so I did a little research:

Anyway, it seems like most places label this as an in-studio DI box, however, I'm looking for something to use on stage/live. Do any of you guys use this? If so, on stage/live? Just curious if I can use it live and if it will be a good DI. I like the idea of the sonic maximizer. Thanks.
  2. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    There is a super thread on DI boxes here: jdi&pagenumber=1

that is titled "Favorite D.I. Box"

Do not think that this is a typical "use the search for keyword" reply however. While the BBE DI boxes are referenced, there is no specific experience or recomendation in that thread as regards the BBE stuff.

I have read and reread that thread many times. I am going to get a BBE DI-1000 or a Radial JDI. They both have the Jensen transformer. I like that the Radial JDI is cheaper and passive only, but I like that the BBE has the sonic maximizer.

It would be good if anyone has any experience with the BBE DI-1000 or the DI-110x to update us with their likes and dislikes.

I have found both of these on

3. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Yeah, I actually did a search and found info on the BBE boxes, but nothing on the 100x, so if anyone knows, please post it here, :D
  4. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Won't it cost just as much to get a regular DI and a 362?
  5. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Well, I'd rather just get one unit, and the 362 only has 1/4" outs, I need XLR.
  6. judd levison

judd levison

Jun 2, 2003
    Hi guys,

just as an fyi...

1) the DI-100X has just come down to a street price around 149.99

2) remember that both boxes use our higher-headroom 482i/882i pro proceesor chip rather than the lower headroom chip used in the 362

3) has some sound clips posted for both boxes.

that should help.

thanks for the consideration