1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

behringer inuke3000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mostfoulvillain, May 21, 2012.

1. mostfoulvillain

mostfoulvillain

Dec 15, 2011
    im thinking hard about swapping my peavey firebass and going the pre-power amp direction to power both of my 2 15 cabs rated 1000 rms @4 ohms. this inuke boast 880 watts per channel @4 ohms.my concern is that there are two inputs one for each channel,it also has a switch for stereo,mono and bridge,would i need a preamp with two outputs or how can i make this work?

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    You can use just one of the two inputs, no problem. Normal 2-channel mode, you just get the wattage of the one channel you're plugged into. Bridge mode, you get the wattage of both channels (not exactly, but basically) as if it were a one-channel amp. If you want one input to go to both channels AS separate channels, you may need to use a Y cord or other splitter to send your one preamp output to the two channels. Some power amps may have that function built in.

3. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    Are you sure you want to get a Behringer search for it and you'll hear horror stories. I personally never had one or witnessed one in the real world but, then again I never bought a Behringer product and have never seen somebody gig with one.

Okay besides a pedal or two but, pedals and amps are different you can bring tons of pedals with you to a gig but, amps are a little more tricky, heavy, and expensive.

I would do what I do if I were you find a decent combo amp under 100 watts with a good size speaker (12" atleast) and a (brainfart) extension output??? That'll allow you to connect to the front of house PA. It'll save you some stress of fitting everything in the car/van and it'll save your back.

4. mostfoulvillain

mostfoulvillain

Dec 15, 2011
    i get that using one output will give me 880 to one cab,but if i chain another it will be 2 ohms ,and bridged is 1500 per channel,i want to use both output at 880@ 4ohms,how is this possible/

5. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    What makes you think the Firebass isn't powerful enough already?

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Bridged is NOT 1500 "per channel", it is 1500 total, acting as just one channel.

But anyway, use a Y splitter to send your preamp to both channels.

7. Personally I'd keep the firebass. Doubling your wattage isn't that much of an increase in dbs.

8. mostfoulvillain

mostfoulvillain

Dec 15, 2011
    the firebass runs 700w at 2OHMs with 2 dule 15 cabs

9. Right, so it's running 700 w, 350w per cab.

(slightly more than) Doubling your wattage is only a meager db increase, and not worth the pain of getting a new amp AND the reliability issues inherent with Berhinger

10. bertbass666

bertbass666

Mar 6, 2009
    I'd be a bit sceptical of the power output of the Inuke 3000. I've got one and measured the output voltage at 28v which is about 200w channel.

11. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I think you measured wrong
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/behringer-inuke-power-amplifiers-788601/

But to stay on track, I agree above with there's very little difference in 700w or 1500w - speakers make all the difference.

12. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I say go for it. I've used Behringer stuff for 10 years. None of it ever blew up or caught fire for me. There are just some people who HATE Behringer stuff. I had 2 Behringer bass amps and only got rid of them because they were too heavy.

I'll bet you'll have a great time with the 'nuke. Pull the trigger and try it. Who else will have bragging rights to the wattage you're using... lol

Good luck and keep us posted. Thanks for asking.

13. Hi. You don't need the Y-cable to split the signal, you can just use one input and select "Mono" in the mode switch.

880W are "burst watts" (or Behringer watts for Behry haters), you get some 620W RMS over each 4 ohm cab if you use mono mode.

If you select bridge mode, you can get some 2075W RMS, with short bursts up to 3400 (Behry) Watts. Again, no need for Y-cables, you can do it by just configuring a couple of switches.

I use some of de decent (not ultra-cheap) stuff from Behringer and it works well. ADA8000, a pair of B1220DSP and a UB2222FX-PRO. Good luck, enjoy it!

14. mostfoulvillain

mostfoulvillain

Dec 15, 2011
    yea i think ill just stick with what works,besides my firebass comes with a police scanner so ill know when they're coming.ha