Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ben Shepherd

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassic11, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Bassic11

Bassic11

Aug 11, 2005
    Hey all, does anyone know what FX Ben Shepherd used during the Soundgarden song 'My Wave'?

2. Sounds like a wah or an autowah to me, what pedal it actually is I don't know.

3. Bassic11

Bassic11

Aug 11, 2005
    I thought it was a wah as well. Im sure i read somewhere that he used a morley but i could be thinking of someone else.

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    take into account too he has flatwounds strung on that p so that has a lot to do with that particular sound. oh and his tuning. but i believe its a wah and i was under the impression, although i could very well be wrong, that it was dunlop 105 q.

5. In that time Soundgarden used to regularily pose in dunlop wah advertisements so I guess it`s more likely dunlopĀ“than morley.

6. JPrisus

JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    did he always use flats, or just for that tune? Interesting, gotta pull out that disc and inspect!

7. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i believe he always used flats. he really likes that sound. all the bass on the hater cd's is flats too.