1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino nv series and amp pairing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ScaryScaniel, Feb 15, 2016.

1. ScaryScaniel

ScaryScaniel

Jul 1, 2015
    Tulsa
    Hi guys, new member here and I would like some opinions on a good all around bergantino setup. I almost always play with pa support and I'm tired of lugging around my fridge. Im looking really hard at a berg nv115 paired with a mesa m6 or an orange ob-1 500. Has anyone had a chance to try this setup? I play fingerstyle in a rock band with two guitars and they use triple recs, but keep them at reasonable volumes. I also use several pedals including a sansamp di and vintage microtubes I always keep on. Anyways any feedback would be great. I also know the nv115 is 8 ohms so not sure about amp setup and power. Just wanting a good all around setup that is somewhat small but punches pretty hard. Hopefully I posted this right, like I said I'm new on here, thanks for any input

2. I haven't played that amp. ..but have played the Orange TB500 thru my NV412 it was glorious. NV cabs lobe tube amps and the TB500 is pretty much on that side of sounds n feels even tho not an all tube amp.
    I haven't played the NV115 either but used to own a NV215. Great cab.
    I've heard the NV115 is quite power hungry- meaning it likes lotsa power to get it humming. ...might not be enough against two triple recs.... might be. ..depends on yr situation, volume needs etc.
    I'd think- if the newer Orange amp is voiced at all like the older TB500 it'd sound great with the Berg.
    That said. ....my current favorite 115 cab is the Fender Bassman Pro Neo 115. Light, handles a ton of power and sounds great. I usually use a Fender Super Bassman thru one or two of em....but have run my Aguilar TH500 thru just a one. ..so about 350w into the 8 ohm Bassman cab. .. it went dang loud, didn't complain and sounded terrific.

ScaryScaniel likes this.
  3. ScaryScaniel

ScaryScaniel

Jul 1, 2015
    Tulsa

4. ScaryScaniel

ScaryScaniel

Jul 1, 2015
    Tulsa
    Haha, still figuring out how to reply on here, but yeah I've heard it takes some power to get em sounding good. I think the orange would be pretty awsome, just not sure how much power it puts out at 8 ohms.

5. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I have an Orange AD200 which is a great combination with my NV215, one of my all time favourite combinations. I also used to have an NV115 which, as Rod says above, likes a fair amount of power. The Orange was fine with it but two NV115s would certainly be better IMO.

ScaryScaniel likes this.
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Here's an MB200 worn like a beret by an NV412. You'd be surprised at how loud that was.

MB200-NV412-beret.

7. ScaryScaniel

ScaryScaniel

Jul 1, 2015
    Tulsa
    Ha!! I bet. There's all kinds of good combinations but don't have quite enough dough for the 412 or 2 115, but I could always add another to the 115 later. I'm just torn on a good amp that would be good for one cab now and still work with 2 cabs later. I do know I'm ready for a new berg though! Too bad the closest dealer is almost 300 miles from me!! Otherwise I'd have one now!! That's why I'm doing some homework before buying online

8. ScaryScaniel

ScaryScaniel

Jul 1, 2015
    Tulsa
    Well I found a great deal on the nv412 on here, so now it's time for an amp to go along with that monster. Decisions, decisions....

GregC likes this.
  9. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    NV412 is a killer cab - everything sounds great through it!

Daniel Piper and ScaryScaniel like this.