Bergie HT115 v. HT112

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Wilbyman, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    OK guys...I love my HT112. Awesome cab. The only thing that might be better is the HT115. I'm running an Underwood into a Clarus. The HT112 sounds terrific, but I think the HT115 might move more air on bigger/outdoor gigs?
  2. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I have a HT112 as well and love it. Can you only have/afford one cab? If not, I would think a "mini stack" of 2 112's would sound fantastic. I don't need that much right now, but if I ever did, that's the way I'd go.
  3. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV

I've had the mini-stack. It's nice. For upright, I prefer one cab. I think taking two bass cabs to an upright gig is kind of taboo. People get kind of freaked out.

The HT112 is almost perfect, I just wonder if the 115 might be good for outdoor stuff.

I gave up the Bergie mini-stack for the UL112/UL110 electric rig. I vastly prefer the UL112 to the HT112 for electric.

4. I'm not a big fan of 15" speakers for DB. I use a Bag end 15 for slab, but I don't really like how it sounds with my upright. IMO, the 12" is a better all-around choice.
  5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    The HT210 sounds better to my ears with upright. I own all three! My Favorite is the EX12 and low volumes.

6. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Interesting comments. I've used the Bag end 1x15 (coax) for URB. It sounded very good (bigger), but not as present as my HT112. I thought the HT115 might have the best of both.
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The HT115 is my favorite 1x15. In many ways, it does sound like a bigger HT112. The upper mids are a bit differnet, with the HT115 having a bit more bite, as compared to the HT112's bark, but it's a killer cab. They sound good together, too.