1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best amp for a fender pawnshop VI?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jared21, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jared21

Jared21

Jan 15, 2011
    Hi,
    I'm considering buying a fender pawnshop VI as i have always love thhe baritone style and i think it would suit the band i am in now.
    Basically what would be the best amp to get for this as i know they arent as deep as a conventional bass?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    You'd still want a bass amp. Which one is up to you.

3. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'd imagine an all-tube amp wouldn't sound bad at all with it ;)

4. juan kubiertas

juan kubiertas

Aug 23, 2011
    Sounds very guitar like through my fender hotrod deluxe guitaramp. Very bass like through my swr bass stack!!

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    They sound equally good through either guitar or bass amps, so it depends on the tone you're after. A little distortion and a little reverb help, so one approach is to get a tube head with a reverb built in, and drive it; another approach is to use pedals, and any ordinary bass amp.

6. jungleheat

jungleheat Banned

Jun 19, 2011
    DC
    I don't get these kinds of threads at all. It's like asking "what's my favorite food" and having a bunch of strangers on the internet telling you what you like. Weird.

Just go out and try a bunch of stuff and see what you like.

7. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the winged monkeys show up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Try a Fender Super Six.....dimed out!

8. JayM

JayM

Apr 4, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    The Bass VI is a bass, not a baritone. The lowest pitch string on a VI is the same pitch as a standard bass E-string. You can tune it baritone if you want, but the Bass VI was designed as a bass and is usually played as a bass.

You can pretty much use any bass amp you want. Some people split the signal and run through both bass and guitar amps. Mine (Schecter Hellcat VI) sounds fine through my LMII and 2x10 cab.

As stated above, this is a matter of personal preference. Use whatever you want.

9. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Why, one you pick up used for a song in a pawn shop, of course!