Best Customer Service

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fingerguy, Oct 25, 2017.

1. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    What places/businesses do you find has the best customer service (for anything)?

Amazon - always take ownership, and do whatever it takes to fix the issue. They don't waste time with a ton of apologies, they get right down to a solution with no BS and etc.

Zappos (phone app) - you can order something as late as 9pm the night before on your phone and still they will get your order in the very next day. Also, any issues with what you bought no questions asked, return within a year of the purchase and it's resolved. The only issue I had was I changed my mind about an order 20 minutes later, and do you know it already shipped. But they were able to reverse the tracking and it was taken care of.

Alik, Stumbo and Mktrat like this.
  2. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    J. C. Penney Stores have trained their associates to be extremely polite, friendly, helpful, and extra customer service oriented no matter which store I shop. I greatly appreciate their service and acknowledge them in person and on surveys.

I also get great customer service at numerous regional Big Lots Stores.

47th Street and Stumbo like this.
  3. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Our local hospital actually brought in the same folks that train Disney people, so they're pretty great.

47th Street likes this.
  4. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Dyson is pretty amazing.

Had a $300 heater/AC thingy die out of warranty and they sent us a new one right away with full warranty.

Stumbo likes this.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Amazon is amazing.
    Costco is great as well.
    Nordstrom never disappoints.
    Crush Wine & Spirits has always taken care of me for my bourbon needs.
    EGO was top notch when we had issues with our electric lawnmower battery.
    Red Robin, the restaurant, has been great to us. Had an issue with an overcooked burger patty. The manager comped the entire meal for us, then gave us a $20 gift card for next time. She said she understands how expensive it can be to eat out these days so wanted us to have nothing but good memories from our dinner, and wanted us to come back. We did, and do.
    Newegg has always provided great customer service and support on what they sell.

-Mike

biguglyman likes this.
  6. bass12

bass12 Have You Met Grace Jones?

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I've gotten great service from Sadowsky and Michael Tobias in the bass department. Roger and Mike both stand behind their products 100% and both have gone above and beyond when dealing with issues that have arisen. Costco has always been good. Warwick is terrible.

burk48237 likes this.
  7. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Pretty funny because I have found Amazon to be the absolute worst! I guess the old saying YMMV is true.

8. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Are you a Prime member? I think they treat Prime members different from those who aren't, rightfully so in my opinion.
    If you care to elaborate, what happened that made it so bad for you?

-Mike

9. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Goodness, too much to type from the last saga. If I have time later I will elaborate.

BTW, I am not a Prime member. By using your logic, unless I pay a store a fee, I deserve crappy service. Not looking to pick a fight mind you! :)

MJ5150 likes this.
  10. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I understand.
    However, I think paying to join a club/membership/etc from a retailer does entitle you to perks that those who do not pay will not receive.
    I wouldn't reason it out to you deserve crappy service, but there was likely an option to make your situation better that was not available to you not being a Prime member.
    Example.....in the past I have ordered something that I should receive in two days as a Prime member that eventually arrived beyond those two days.
    A quick chat with an Amazon rep got me a one month extension on the Prime service, worth about $9. I was happy with that resolution. While the package was still late, they could have easily blew me off and blamed the shipper. Instead they took ownership and offered an acceptable resolution to me. I have heard of other Prime members who have had their entire ordered refunded due to a missed shipping date.

It's the same deal at Costco, you get extended warranties and an amazing return policy as a member.
    I also believe that people who shop a lot at the same store and spend a lot of money there deserve a higher level of customer service than someone who comes in and spend little money now and then.
    It's why I consistently shop at the same retailers for the same things. I like having a relationship with the staff and store. They take care of me since I am loyal to them.

-Mike

11. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    What does YMMV mean?

12. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Your mileage may vary...

13. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    I had to contact CS a few times and as a Prime Member and not as a Member and both times their actions were superb.

14. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I get what you are saying but, for example, I refuse to pay a store such as Costco for the privilege of giving them my money...

sissy kathy likes this.
  15. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I just had an occurrence with Publisher's Clearing House today.

Yesterday, there was a package in my mailbox from Publisher's Clearing House. I did not order anything from them and wondered why I got it. I opened the box and there was a book on how to make smoothies and juices along with a bill for $15.95. I have no idea why it was delivered to me.

I called their service center and spoke to a customer service person and told her that I did not order that book nor anything from Publisher's Clearing House and asked her what should I do to send it back. She said their was an online order placed on Oct. 11th with my name and address. I still don't know how since it was not me who placed an order. She told me that she would delete the bill and I could keep the book as a gift from Publisher's Clearing House.

I sure was not expecting that. I would have been happy to return the book and delete the bill.

Now, that is some outstanding customer service (even though I was not actually a paying customer).

16. I agree that Amazon has great service. My wife says Nostrums is the best Brick and Mortar store for customer service and returns.

17. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I went to a party with Fisher-Rosemount Asia in the Hilton Phuket. We were standing around looking at our own products & drinking beer or cocktails.
    The staff didn't let our glasses go below half empty & many of us got obliterated.

We had great customer service all weekend:

home01.jpg

18. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    Marriott and Fidelity Investments are the standards that I measure all other companies against. Both spend time and money training their customer-facing staff and it shows.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  19. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    You better get your hands on your credit card statement ASAP.

20. Acoustic Image is great at customer relations/service.