1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best DI box for $100?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by billiam5billion, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Just like the subject line says.

2. Hartke VXL Bass Attack

3. Radial ProDI comes to mind

4. +1

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Used Countryman 85, Radial JDI, or J48 - if you keep an eye out, one of those will pop up for pretty close to that - they're considered an industry standard for good reason...

- georgestrings

6. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

I had one - it wasn't any better than the Behringer DI100...

- georgestrings

7. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Are you looking for a straight DI, or something with tone shaping?

8. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    If you have to have it now, want new, and want to stay under $100, I'd recommend the EWI DIs at audiopile - they're as good or better than Radial's ProDI, and for less money...

- georgestrings

9. Your crazy me and my guitarist had a behringer di100 and both crapped out in less then 6 months. Not that I was expecting much more from Behringer

10. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I've had one for a few years now, and never had a problem with it - I've also seen atleast 10 on working stages... I'm no Behringer fan, but that's my experience in the matter...

- georgestrings

11. I know that there are tons of behringer di's out there I've seen them on stage lots of places as well. As for me I've sworn off them at least the DI. I have a behringer rack tuner that has never done me wrong.

12. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I can certainly understand that - mine hasn't seen any use in a couple of years - since I got a JDI, then later on a Countryman...

- georgestrings

13. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    I got a radial JDI here for 120 shipped about a month and a half ago... it was pretty much new though... maybe a not so one can be had closer to 100.

14. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    the new whirlwind imp with an upgraded jensen transformer sells for like $125.

15. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  16. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    +1

I have the active one, the dB12. It easily matches or beats the Radial or Countryman ones, IME.

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    This is what I thought of, too. It's got a really good clean active DI, right up there with the Countryman IMHO. Plus it's got a switchable and blendable overdrive that's pretty cool and different.

18. Yup...for some reason, this one seems to fly under the radar with a lot of folks...

19. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    +1

I've got a JDI and it's a great box. I've used it for all kinds of things and it's been stellar. I'd like to add a Countryman as well.

20. Awesome!!