Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BF-2 (volume issue)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pil101, Feb 4, 2006.

1. pil101

pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    Everytime I switch on the flanger it increases the overall volume pretty significantly. Is this common to the unit? Is there a way to prevent it?

Thanks

2. They do tend to boost the overall volume. As i just discovered, this pedal has 3 internal trim pots. BIAS, RES, and i think the third is a GAIN pot. Look in my thread i just made and its got a quote i found on guitargeek about them and that may help you.

Peace

3. That third pot is the clock frequency adjust - not gain. Don't muck with it unless you know what you're doing - it will not affect the gain of the pedal but it may stuff up the bucket brigade device operation - which is bad!

Most boss chorus and flanger units have a slight volume boost designed to enhance the impact of the effect. This is part of the reason that the Boss CE-2 is loved by guitarists.

It is possible to modify the unit, but it's not trivial unless you have some electronics knowledge and soldering skills. If you're keen to go further, I would suggest you visit DIYStompboxes and search for topics on the BF-2.