1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BF-2 (volume issue)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pil101, Feb 4, 2006.

1. pil101

pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    Everytime I switch on the flanger it increases the overall volume pretty significantly. Is this common to the unit? Is there a way to prevent it?

Thanks

2. They do tend to boost the overall volume. As i just discovered, this pedal has 3 internal trim pots. BIAS, RES, and i think the third is a GAIN pot. Look in my thread i just made and its got a quote i found on guitargeek about them and that may help you.

Peace

3. That third pot is the clock frequency adjust - not gain. Don't muck with it unless you know what you're doing - it will not affect the gain of the pedal but it may stuff up the bucket brigade device operation - which is bad!

Most boss chorus and flanger units have a slight volume boost designed to enhance the impact of the effect. This is part of the reason that the Boss CE-2 is loved by guitarists.

It is possible to modify the unit, but it's not trivial unless you have some electronics knowledge and soldering skills. If you're keen to go further, I would suggest you visit DIYStompboxes and search for topics on the BF-2.