Billy Sheehan w/ Vai

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by hammer2748, Mar 28, 2005.

1. level 42

level 42

Feb 19, 2005
  2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I personally liked Vai better with Philip.
  3. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    High respect for them, but I like none...

4. hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT

.....sorry about that. I was posting from work and got interrupted. I actually had to go do some work! I tried backing out and didn't realize I actually posted.......anyway, great show-----from what I could hear. This post was really going up out of frustration as hearing it is all I could do. Didn't see a lick! My wife was along for the ride, she is short and chlostraphobic. I had never been to this particular venue and she got very overwhelmed once the opening act (Eric Sardinas) left the stage and the push to the front started in anticipation of the Vai show. Had to get her into an open area (very hard to find one). She really lost it for a bit. She wasn't the only one either. Saw several folks go down, get carried out.

I can't believe I spent 3 hours in the same room as Billy Sheehan and didn't get to see him pick up his bass, much less play it. But he was clearly heard. Tone was awesome, punchy and tight. The entire performance from the stage sounded spectacular. Crowd reaction confirmed what I was hearing and the Vai portion of the show ran just about 3 solid hours. Wish I had more to share. I'm flying with a wing-man only next time they're around. Don't want to miss this opportunity twice. Maybe another TB'er can weigh in as the tour progresses with better details.....sorry for the false start on the original post!