1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bit strips: Dear sweet LORD please stop

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Rant
    These *bitstrips* cartoons plaguing FB(yeah, hats what I get for being there- like a 12-yr-old girl, I guess..)are just awful. Not awful and funny ala Southpark, but more pure awful.
    Anyway, I don't dare kvetch over there as many of my actual friends are busy posting this stuff.
    #whyIdrink

2. It wasn't too bad when it was the one person I know who'd been using it for ages. Now nearly everyone seems to be doing it? Aye, pretty annoying!

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Are you talking about those cartoons that have somebody in some sort of situation, like making dinner, and then it's captioned as though the person posting it is the person in the cartoon?

They're kinda annoying, but still a bit on the benign side of stupid stuff on Facebook.

4. I think they are great. What's the problem?

5. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Not on Facebook, but those look like they could be quite annoying. All the examples I've seen are unfunny.

6. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    You obviously have not seen my work......

7. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Commercial User

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    It'll go away in a week.

8. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I've just now seen them popping up on friend's feeds more and more. I guess they could possibly be funny, most Ive seen though were kind of corny... a few here and there may be cool, but once they're all over the place I can see them getting annoying.
    Kind of like political memes. You just want to scream "MAKE IT STOOOOOP!"

9. Yup, like those animations with the robotic voices.

10. My issue is that they all look alike, and when a known grandmother's *cute* cartoon depicts her as apparently 24 yrs old and hot- or a certified 200+pounder's character suddenly shed 75, I gag a little. Again, I can't say these things over there.. Thanks for understanding, TB. I love you

Edi: I have no problem w/grandmothers, 200 lb grandmothers or HOT 200 lb gma's, I simply reserve the right to bitch anonymously about excessive and overdone FB trends. And Phalex's stuff is indeed funny. :cool:

11. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

I do hope Bitstrips is a fad. I have one FB friend, a drummer, who posts cartoons of everything she does now. I guess it's a little less annoying than having her post Instagram pictures every time she paints her toe nails or buys a scone at Starbucks.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I think you were the first person I saw on BitStrips. Then a few of my friends got one. My gf made one, it looks just like me. I dont mind them, theyre somewhat funny.

13. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I dunno why exactly, but mine always seem to have homo erotic overtones. Well, except for the latest one..... That's just racially insensitive.

14. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    But who doesnt like watermelon?

15. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

You can block them. I did!

16. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I KNOW!

17. I thought they were pretty cool for a little while...but now my entire feed is almost nothing but unfunny jokes and a picture that may look like them.

18. paparoof

paparoof

Apr 27, 2011
    Minneapolis
    fEARful koolaid drinker
    I'm proud of the fact that I have no idea what this is about.

19. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Are you guys really seeing so many of them that theyve become annyoing?
    I may see 1 to 4 of them a week, tops. There are far more annoying aspects to Facebook than BitStrips.

20. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    Maybe you need less annoying friends? I hardly see em either.