1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Black-metal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by holy_toy, Mar 31, 2009.

1. So quick question.
    Whats a good and cheap (arround 400 dollar) bass for black-metal/metal?

2. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Spector, ESP, and BC Rich I believe would be the prominent brands in that price range.

3. Doesn't matter if you don't have your own forest.

4. none, black metal doesn't have bass XD.

Seriously, the bass in most black metal recordings is so reduced that any basses will do. As for myself, I'd go with an Ibanez.

5. Well I know the bass player from Mayhem, he calls himself Necrobutcher bye the way, uses an Gibson Les Pal bass, but i was looking for something a little more cheap, and I have never seen one in Norway, acctually it's a friend of mine who will play bass in this band, and yes I do got my own forest spade2you:p, I got a cabin in the woods with perfect Norwegian/Black metal bnatuer arround me.

6. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    Spector legend series
    or a daisy rock ass.

7. Mikio

Mikio

Feb 21, 2009
    Santiago de Chile
    ESP/LTD or Ibanez should work well

8. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    probably the pointiest Bc Rich you can find, to be honest. the more "generic pointy metal" you can get, the better.

9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

In seriousness though, anything pointy and black will do. Look for a Hondo H1. :bassist:

10. Oh man... everyone in the office just gave me an irritated glance after the LOLs produced by those pics.

To the OP, i play in a metal-ish band and i use an Ibanez and it works dandily.

11. countshockula

countshockula

Feb 22, 2008
    Beat me to it

12. geez its metal bass day already?

13. lurchtheicefist

lurchtheicefist

Feb 6, 2008
    I think anything with humbuckers or jazz pick ups(if using a pick) will work fine. I think the main thing you'd want to be going for is the amp and effects to get your tone. Get like a Sunn or Tube Driven Bass head with some distortion+maybe a sansamps or the such and that would make things even better for black metal. If you're wanting to go cheap, just get a loud, cheap solid state amp and distort everything hahha.

14. bassistgook

bassistgook

Feb 5, 2009
    If all you wanna play is black metal I'd suggest a Dean metalman 2A series bass. You can get it with a V body, Explorer style Z body, or their demonator body. They are $300 on musicians friend.

15. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    I want a hello kitty bass :(

I think there is a badtz maru one too!

16. ^agree... or ibanez

17. hermano_gusano

hermano_gusano

Mar 31, 2009
    Ibanez Iceman ICB-300EX in black:

http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-ICB300EX

I have one, and play DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM/Black Metal into both the aforementioned SUNNO))) Amp and SansAmp Bass Driver, and can highly recommend such a combination.

18. KiwiGroove

KiwiGroove

Jul 15, 2008
    BC rich ironbird.

19. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Any fretted bass with roundwound strings.