1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bleh

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by McHack, Apr 11, 2006.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Searching for Synth's doesnt really yeild anything great, thread wise.

First off, I wanna bitch about how Harmony Central organizes thier effects reviews. There's simply no quick & easy way to scan thru a given type of effect.

So, does anyone have anything great to say about any particular synth stomp boxes?

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Digital
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah
    Akai Deep Inpact

Analog
    Ibanez SB-7
    Crowther Prunes & Custard
    EHX Bass Microsynth

Those are probably the best units IMHO

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I've owned the 'big three' - Akai Deep Impact, EHX Bass Micro Synth, Korg G-5.

They all have plusses an minuses. What are your critera - maybe I can help :)

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Oh yeah the Korg G5 I forgot that one :ninja:

5. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Well,

We're adding a couple of songs to our setlist that the bass is heavily synth'd... So, I'd like to retain that quality for our version. Regarding qualities, I couldnt tell you what I want.... other than that. I know, I'm not much help. Sorry.

At least I now have a list of the the main ones... That'll get me to a point where I can scan some reviews.

Thx

6. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    V-Bass.

7. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I've got the DigiTech Bass Synth Wah, and love it. It's not quite a versitile as some other ultra high-end synths, but it does it's job well, and is relatively cheap. It's also got a great octaver mode and some decent envelope filter/wah modes as a bonus. I'd say check it out.

-Dash

8. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Line 6 FM4? Here is a page with some sound samples that sound interesting. This may e the next addition, but I'm not sure.

[​IMG]

9. Funkzfly

Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    I was looking at that Line 6 FM4 as well, i was more interested in whether it cut all your Bass out of the equation?

10. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have the Deep Impact and the Bass Synth Wah, and for most of what I do, I strongly prefer the Deep Impact. The Bass Synth Wah does have a great octave down effect, though.

Tom.

P.S.
    I now have a POG on the way from the 'bay.

11. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yeah, the v-bass is almost worth getting for the synth sounds alone. It's not that they're uniformly excellent, but that the tracking is so damn good.

12. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Yeah, if you work with the V-Bass it's not that tough to improve them to the point where you can actually be more epxressive as well as sound way better.