Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bootsy in a Pontiac ad!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Has anyone seen this commercial? It goes something like "When Bootsy Collins plays the bass, you feel the funk... He can make such a simple motion into soul". All the while they show clips of him playing bass and show off the Pontiac Grand Am (?) 2004. The slogan is something about the car having soul. All I know is it was pretty cool!

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    That's kind of sad, actually. I am so sick of celebrity endorsements. It's out of hand these days, and getting worse all the time.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I guess that's pretty cool, but the thing that would be REALLY cool would be if Pontiac made little metalic Bootsies and had them be the new hood ornament for all their cars. C'mon, think about it! Bootsy was genetically engineered for something like that. Pontiac would have some great new slogans too-
    "It's all good when Bootsy's on yo' hood" or
    "This car got the funk from the hood to the trunk."
    Aw yeah, baby...

4. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    or a Bootsy Collins model.

inlayed rhinestones and lights all over the car just like his "Star" bass. Comes with a free set of Star Sunglasses.

:bassist:

5. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I saw it awhile back ago, I had to do a double take. Whoa! was that Bootsy?

Yep!.