Bootsy on SNL tonight! (among others...)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by b15fliptop, Apr 3, 2004.

1. b15fliptop

b15fliptop Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Holy crikey! That's right, tonight's musical guest on SNL is Toots and the Maytals with Bootsy Collins, Ben Harper, the Roots, and Robert Randolph! So who's gonna be playing bass??? All those groups have kickin' bassists, so they pretty much can't go wrong. I'll be watching!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Wow. I might have to renounce my long standing ban on TV for the night. I love me some Bootzilla!
  3. Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    It was a good show in both the comedy and the music I thought.

I was REALLY let down that Bootsy only sang. I wanted him to slap something like it owed him money.
  4. Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh, why do I always read these "there's something good on TV tonight!" threads the day after!? :bawl:
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's better than falling asleep during the commercial right before the music and then waking up just as people start applauding at the end of the song. I'm too old for this.

brad cook
  6. b15fliptop

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah, Bootzilla not thumping was a bit of a drag, but Hub from the Roots was laying down some tasty grooves in the second song. Also, I think that might be the first time there were 2 bassists playing simultaneously on SNL...
  7. I think Ned's Atomic Dustbin was on SNL years ago. They were a 2 bassist band.
  8. b15fliptop

Feb 17, 2004
    Ahh yes... I remember NADB. Haven't seen the episode they were on, but good call.

BTW, I've used the line from your sig about 100 times since I first read it. Funny stuff! :D