1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bored at work thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by charliefreak, Dec 31, 2012.

1. So... making me come in on NYE when they know NONE of my customers are going to be doing business today. They just put a new USA G&L l25k in the break room- so I'm living between 15 minute jam sessions today. Anybody else get ropped into working when they don't necessarily have to be there?

Happy New Year!

2. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Im at work, someone has got to be here and since i am the lowest on the Totem pole...

Wish i worked in a place where we had Basses in the break room, haha. I do IT so TalkBass will help me get through the day.

3. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Jun 28, 2010
    Detroit
    Wait...where the heck do you work that provides break room basses?!

I'm working today and tomorrow and it's incredibly slow. Oh well, there's holiday pay at least.

4. IT- nice! Hopefully things run smoothly for you today. And yea, the "product room," helps the actual musicians here look a little further than the cubicles with monitors and phones. I do institutional and government sales for an online music retailer.

I noticed you're currently using a gbe750 w/ a gs410. Do you have any complaints or notice any mismatches between the two? I'm about to get a gs 112 to run my gbe750 through and I'm a little oncerned about power. I understand that I should get the 112 nt eventually to really fill out the sound, but do you think the gbe750 might run a little quiet w/ a 112?

My current set up is a 750 w/ a swr 8x10, for some reason I have to lay it on it's side to get any real thump from it. If it's upright- I can turn it way up w/o noticing a real volume difference, it just seems to bark a little more.

5. +1 for holiday pay! and I manage business and institutional accounts for GC's online empire. I can't really explain which companies per se', but I love the nature of my job. At this point I'm just doing it for the experience since I'm young and didn't go to college. Hopefully eventually find a company that is a little more respectful down the road.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021