1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bottesini accompaniments for orchestral tuning

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by fergus currie, Apr 1, 2009.

1. What I'm looking for initially is a piano accompaniment for 'Sonambula' in concert pitch. I only have one bass and I don't want to change strings every time I do a solo gig. I have all the Yorke edition Bottesini in orchestral tuning but there are a few gaps (such as the Sonnambula).
    Can anyone direct me to a good printed edition of this?

Secondly I was wondering if anyone has made a collection of this material and, if not, perhaps we could assemble a list of links and downloadable stuff here. That's if the moderators agree of course.

Much obliged,
    FC

2. neilG

neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
    http://www.douglasmappmusic.com/ is one place to look. I don't think he has transcribed it yet but he might on request. It takes quite a lot of work to do this work so clearly you have to pay something. Another option is to find a pianist who can transpose. Many can do this if the accompaniment is easy enough and/or they have enough time to work on it.

3. Thank you very much Neil, This is exactly what I was looking for and much more too!

I had to stop or I would spend all my pocket money there! Mapp has a great list!

Cheers
    Fergus