Bouree Jetrho Tull

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by bottom ant, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Can Anyone help me with the Bass Transcription of Bouree on Tull's A Little Light Music Album. I would prefer an actual transcription as opposed to TAB because I am struggling with the beat. Only a Few bars will help! Please Someone!!

2. OK - here we go…

…please note that:

(1) these .pdf files were put on my site for educational purposes only and will stay there for only a day or so - if you want to take a look, hurry up…

(2) I have absolutely no qualms about the copyright of these pieces as close inspection will reveal that although the music is attributed to Ian Anderson, anyone familiar with the work of Johann Sebastian Bach, will recognise the fact that the music was actually written by that great master, and there is not a single mention of JSB anywhere in the music…

…so, bite me, Warner Brothers!!!! ;)

- Wil
  3. Many Thanks Wil! Much Appreciated
  4. dr.bigbass

Nov 11, 2007
    still highly appreciated!!!
  5. JTE

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Plus, Bass Player Magazine just had a transcription with commentary by Glenn Cornick a month or so ago. The "writing" was that Anderson knew the main melody and the rest of the band hadn't even heard the Bach piece. They just went off of what Anderson hummed and played for them.

6. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Bristol, TN
  7. Throckmorten

Aug 3, 2006
    Central NY
  8. Journey55

Journey55 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I know this is a really big necro but I just wanted to say thanks for such a complete transcription, idk where you got it Wil but thanks!
  9. Lovely Rital

Lovely Rital

Nov 19, 2006
  10. Journey55

Journey55 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    Sweet! Got one with the entire flute part? I'm gonna see if I can play this at my school