Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brian Auger's Oblivion Express

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mcbassdude, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Does anyone here old enough to remember Brian Augers band remember who his bassist was? I had a few Oblivion Express records and they jammed. The only members I can remember are Brian Auger (key's) of course and Alex Ligterwood (Vox, Guitar). They had some great jams and players.
    I lost the vinyl years ago and I don't see too many Brian Auger CD's out there.

2. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    according to www.allmusic.com, barry dean is the bassist for a lot of their stuff (good web site)

I saw the oblivian express in the mid 70's open for Herbie Hancocks Headhunters--dynamite show all around!

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    In the late 70's he had a band with Lenny White on drums & former Jeff Beck bassist Clive Chaman on bass. I really dug Clive's very Motown inspired bass lines. Brian Augar always had good bands.....he had drum great Steve Ferron before he left for Average Whita Band, and other drum greatness.