1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Broken Eden 115 XLT Cab. Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RaunchMister, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Runlikegregg

Runlikegregg

Dec 31, 2011
    Brooklyn
    i thought you are NOT supposed to run these with the tweeter totally off.

2. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Correct, that can burn the l-pad since it will be absorbing all the power normally sent to the tweeter. So it's best practice to leave it cracked open a hair or if you'll really never use the tweeter, pull the fuse out from the back side of the jack plate to disable the tweeter totally.

RaunchMister likes this.
  3. FYI im not a moron DUDE... I would have it custom built and install the driver.....

4. Where did you hear that? and why would they let me if your not suppose to?

5. biamp? could you explain?

6. I will do that. Right now I need to get new pickups, to get the tone I want I have to shut it off. I like the attack:) Also where do you read about that? first of all they didnt even have a manual in the store! I had to look it up online. and whats the pad thing?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  7. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    The l-pad is a dial on the jack plate that adjusts the tweeter level from ear-piercingly loud to off, and the cabinet manual does warn you not to turn it all the way off if I remember correctly. If the l-pad burns up, you normally smell the smoke and it gets scratchy or really hard to turn, sometimes even frozen in place. If that happens, they're not expensive to replace but it's better to pull the fuse if you don't want any tweeter at all.

I just checked the latest cabinet manual online and here's what it says about the tweeter control: "Eden D series cabinets are fitted with a crossover control. This enables you to dial in more or less tweeter / horn in your mix to help compensate for different playing environments and audio requirements. Avoid running any cabinet with a crossover control at 0 for long periods of time as this can decrease the life of the controller."

That's kind of easy to miss for a warning, but Eden manuals have always been a bit lacking. You can find it here: http://www.edenamps.com/support/manuals/pdf/D_Series_051914.pdf

The Eden forum is a pretty good place for even more information from an easy-going group of players. Check it out: http://www.edenampsforum.com/index.php

Peace, Bob

RaunchMister likes this.

8. Nice thanks man!

9. Which is it then ?