Brony Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassofthe, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead!

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yeah I was wondering if that was an honest question or not lol

2. I do, I have a show coming up on the 28th, I'll also be doing a show in london, then a show in montreal the day after, in may

3. bassofthe

bassofthe

Jun 5, 2011
    I don't, yet. I hope that will change in the not-too-distant future. My band is certainly ready for it.

4. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
  5. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    According to Seth from EQD, the royal wedding is the best two-part yet. He says the production is Lion King quality.

Well, I have a double bass audition tomorrow, so time to practice.

6. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    Well, to some extent, I learned how to use Linux Mulitmedia Studio. I guess later when I get more fluency in the program, I'll take a whack at making some remixes like I've heard.

7. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Post em when you get some going...I'd love to hear them! :hyper:

8. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    I still haven't watched it yet, I've been meaning to get around to it, but I've had a couple of friends recommend it. I'm fairly sure I'll be back for a number soon enough :D

Although while we're on the subject of remixes I'll take the opportunity to plug this :p :

MLP Fighting is Magic - Twilight Sparkle Stage Theme(Korw Remix) - YouTube

Remix a friend of mine did (one of the guys who recommended the show to me), it was featured on EQD too, which he was pretty stoked about.

Edit- He uses Ableton Live if anyone's intereted.

9. Maaaaaaan, I love house and I love ponies so... ya know, haha. Your friend's a talent dude! I'm thinking of trying to put together pony track for Balloon Party but 1) I'm not exactly good at creating music myself 2) Probably wouldn't make the cut. Either way, I'll be giving it a shot :).

Oh, and my MLP soap set came in:

7092901161_ebafa98722_c.png

Best smelling package I've ever gotten in the mail, haha.

10. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Japan
    Earlier this week Steven Colbert started his show giving a shout out to his Bronies. Last night he started by giving a non-shout out to his Bronies. I would have had no clue what he was talking about if it wasn't for this thread. lol check it out

My guess is an audience member told him about the whole Brony thing when they talk before the show.

11. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    Well, if anybody cares, I made the upper orchestra on double bass. I'm pretty proud of myself since I've played only less than a year.

Now to relax, compose, and wait in anticipation for the royal wedding tomorrow.

12. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    Also, I figured out I can import MIDI files from MuseScore into LMMS, so now the strings actually sound nice.

13. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    Well, I've been playing around more with LMMS. This time I imported the MIDI of a small cello/double bass duet I wrote a while back. It worked fairly well, but... I got a fee string instrument VSTi, and while it is an improvement over everything else I've tried, the 32nd notes are not coming out very well. It's a common problem with the bowed strings, not having a fast enough response.

14. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Congratulations bro!!! You should be proud of yourself, you've displayed the ability to play an instrument and sight-read as well...much more than I've ever accomplished with a bass guitar lol. That is really great news :bassist:

15. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You never know, Mr. Colbert may be a Brony himself. He does have a few kids, so he may have run across it before. I have a feeling there are a LOT more Bronies out there that just aren't ready to come out of the stable :smug:

I do think that the numbers would be stronger if the 2nd season had as much oomph as the first season did, but there are still a lot of new fans coming around. Royal Wedding kind of picked up momentum by part 2, the comedy was a little dry on the first part.

16. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Niiiiice! Bet they smell amazing!

This gave me a killer idea about MLP and scent-related stuff. They could do a line of colognes with those designer cologne names stuck to them for the stallions of the MLP series

Valiant by Shining Armor
    Silent Strength by Big Macintosh
    Plucky by Spike
    Deception by the Brothers Flim and Flam
    What the @$#%? by Discord
    Metrosexual by Prince Blueblood
    Untamed by Braeburn

If I even knew 1% of common knowledge about making colognes I'd be all freakin over this..any suggestions???? :help:

17. Topspin

Topspin What's my name again?

Dec 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I played Tom Sawyer with a pick once. Shame on me.
    Well, the season finale absolutely rocked my socks off.

18. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    No spoilers on the finale, but it was amazing. My jaw dropped when I saw what was happening on screen with only 8 minutes left in the whole thing.

19. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Another hate thread came up about us :rolleyes:

Anyhow, if it bothers you to read their crap and you don't want to respond, I would just avoid it...nothing good is coming from it :meh:

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021